Disney + Pixar = ?

Heh, I came in to say “Dixar. For kids!”

I’m going to hell.

What does it really mean?

Jobs’ll take all the cooling fans out of the Epcot Center attractions.

Tinkerbell will start off the nightly Disneyland fireworks show by sprinting down Main Street U.S.A. and throwing a sledgehammer through a jumbotron video of an Eisner speech.

“Disney’s Sing-a-Long Songs” videos will now only have the characters dancing in blacked-out sillouettes against bright colored backgrounds. (Watching Baloo the bear shimmy to “Stuck in the Middle with You” will be oddly…hypnotic.)

:smiley:

My aforementioned Dismal pal thinks all variations on “Dixar” are quite funny, so I guess she’ll be joining you–and me.

Too late for this now, I guess, but I think that history be damned, at this point Disney needs Pixar far more than Pixar needs Disney. Were I one of the major shareholders of Pixar, I’d tell Disney to shove off, and look for better deals elsewhere. With it being a done deal, though, I can only hope that the result of the merger is more Pixaresque than Disnified.

So, it appears that John Lasseter has already announced to Disney animators that Toy Story 3 will not be going ahead, and has ceased production effective immediately.

Whew! I’m so glad.

Thank goodness, as the Disney-proposed plotline (Buzz gets recalled to Taiwan) sounded like a clunker from the get-go.

That is a bizzare storyline, but I had read about a potential ending that they wanted to use for the film (it was also the original ending they proposed for the first movie) which would have wrapped things up nicely- Woody and Buzz eventually find their way to a kindergarten, where they are always happy, because each year they have new children to play with and they will never be forgotten. But I think it’s for the better that TS3 won’t be made.

Besides, one of the characters is being sent to Asia and the gang must rescue him? Wasn’t that the plot of Toy Story 2?

Yeah, the whole concept of it being another rescue storyline, which too closely matches the first two plots, is going too far. It needed to be something entirely different this time. Apparently John Lasseter does have a possible idea for what it would be, but most likely it won’t be made anyway.

Apparently, Toy Story 3 will be made after all. Disney has thrown out their ideas and has given Pixar free range to make it their way. Good idea.

Yeah, I read that too. Might be from The Art of Toy Story, the oversized hardcover book with the lenticular cover (why yes, I do have a copy :wink: ), but I’m too lazy to check.

Still, a “toys retire to a kindergarden” finale would make a decent ending to the entire trilogy. Given how the first two TS movies used the toys as proxies for human concerns of abandonment and rejection, it’d be a natural extension of the theme. As Stinky Pete pointed out in the second movie, Andy’s growing up – and there’s nothing the toys can do about it…

Someday, there will be an Incredibles 2.

Og is good. :slight_smile: