Do gay people believe George Clooney is gay (and beards in 2016)

I seem to recall Clooney commenting on the issue. He was asked for his opinion on a story that claimed he was “gay gay gay!” He said something like “No, only gay gay.”

Please don’t tell me Large Marge is a lesbian. :frowning:

I always assumed he was. And the nature of his marriage is hardly counter persuasive.

BTW: “Beard” applies to a person of any gender posing as a partner in any type of relationship. The first time I heard it was in Woody Allen’s Broadway Danny Rose where Allen played the beard with Mia Farrow to protect her real boyfriend, one of Allen’s clients.

Nature of his marriage?

And has written a slash fic about it.

Clooney? Nah. He loves to hang out with men and play basketball and shit, but he is attracted to women.

Hey - y’all are forgetting that bisexual people exist!

Even if it was conclusively proven with video that he had had many many lusty affairs/relationships with men, it wouldn’t necessarily mean that his relationship with his wife was anything less than loving, passionate, and genuine. And vice versa.

OK, but who’s Edward?

I’ve encountered one who does claim that everyone is gay.

Then again, that one isn’t quite playing with a full deck.

What else could I say
Everyone is gay

From Wiki:

I’m going with not gay, myself.

Matthew Broderick/Sarah Jessica Parker and Billy Zane/Mrs. Billy Zane are the alleged beard marriages I hear rumored the most.

I’m aware of gay rumors about Clooney but never thought much about it one way or the other because neither would have surprised me.

Gaydar is very fallible when it’s not in person. Actors I was most surprised to learn are straight (as evidenced by romances with or marriages to women) include Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Johnny Galecki, Seth Green, Elijah Wood, and- probably most of all- Bronson Pinchot. Most surprised to learn are gay include… well, nto sure anybody, but that’s because anybody can be gay, though I was very surprised to learn that Holland Taylor and Sarah Paulson are dating due to the age difference.

Clooney ‘voiced’ a gay dog in an episode of South Park, so there’s that.

And told a story about firemen being called to his house on a night when he was running around naked with another guy and a pig.

And in the case of celebrities, have a friend of a friend who had a one night stand with him.

In Utero reference noted and appreciated.

Women aren’t naive dummies any more, they gladly hook up with the men for fame and material goodies. Besides, a remarkable number of women in Hollywood are lesbian/bi themselves. Evan Rachel Wood and Amber Heard were lesbians for years until some famous men came along and they all of a sudden turned ‘bi’.

Even after being told otherwise people still make assumptions I’m straight. I find reminding people who I’ve told clearly I’m gay to be rather frustrating.

I don’t believe George Clooney is gay nor do I believe any man married to a woman is gay unless I have evidence otherwise.

Same problem here. And when I’m out with my husband, people assume we’re - I don’t know - coworkers or something.

I first encountered the term “beard” back in the '60s. And it was already decades old by then.

Another long-rumored “beard marriage” is Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman, although in this case, it would have been a two-ward beard, KWIM? Although they have never married, I have heard the same thing about Oprah Winfrey and Stedman. Her friend Gail is definitely a lesbian MHO.

I’ve always heard that Kevin Spacey is gay too.