Do people remember you?

Like Valerieblaise, people always think they remember me. I’ve actually gotten into mild arguements with people over this.

Person: Don’t I know you from somewhere?

Me: I don’t think so, why?

Person: Didn’t you go to Assboink High School?

Me: No, I’ve never been to Assboink before.

Person: Yeah, your the girl who used to be in band with me.

Me: No, I didn’t go to school there.

Person: Are you sure?

Arghh! I also get a lot of you look just like so-and-so. It seems that nobody every remembers me for me. Sob :frowning:

tatertot–that sounds like the perfect chance to really mess with someone’s mind. “Oh, yeah, I remember you! We went on that band trip and got really wasted. Remember waking up in that hotel in Tiajuana, with the one-legged hooker? I remember the look on your face when she showed you the marriage certificate!” And so on.

Mullinator–520 posts? Really? When the hell do I get any work done?

People don’t generally remember me. When I was in high shcool, my best friend was one of the loudest people I ever knew, so no one ever noticed me. Problem is, I can remember people from years ago. Conversations often go like “Hey! Laura! Remember me from <wherever>?” “No. . .” “Remember? You were wearing a blue skirt and I said it was cool?” "No. . . " "sigh ya know, I was Amy’s friend. . . " "Oh, I remember Amy, but not you. . . "

Hmmmm, Guy Propski. Guy Propski? Do I know that fella? Didn’t go to school with him, don’t work with him. That’s a shame, because he has a really neat name. Maybe I just don’t remember him, probably blended into the background or something

Don’t feel bad, Missy2U, I dated a guy who for YEARS didn’t have any ID but his old prison ID. Got a lot of looks…

O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

Guy, I’ll have to remember that next time! Problem is, I have a really hard time keeping a straight face.

Miss Tangerine, you sound like my husband, he remembers everybody. We can’t go anywhere without bumping into someone he went to pre-school with. He’s also one of those loud, memorable people, so people are always remembering him, too.

People tend to remember me. Everyone says I have a nice personality and natural “presence” (I think that’s another way of saying I’m 6’4" tall).

I hate it. I can’t remember names at all.
– Sylence

And now, for my next trick, I will talk in spooky half-references.

Not if your ID looks like this. :wink:

Anyways, most everyone remembers me wherever I go. Probably because I’m the only one in this shit town who’s actually nice to everyone I meet.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you are thinking.

Fun with HTML (tutoral) : The True Sequal

People remember me., from YEARS ago… dunno why.

Me? I figure I’m doing well to remember MYSELF from one day to the next :slight_smile:

OK, so God created me; so he has control over me; so he has no right to bitch about anything I do.

My husband remembers EVERYONE. From conception on, I swear. It it maddening. And they remember him. It doesn’t help that he gloats by saying, " It’s because I’m nice to everyone." ( I am too) but what am I Vlad, the Impaler?

We were sitting at the airport and recognized his old soccer coach from the spaztic weasel league he was in when he was 10, he tapped the guy on his shoulder and said, " You probably don’t remember me…"

And the guy looked at him for a moment and blurted out his name and said in his scottish accent, " Ye filled oot nicely laddie."
( Yeah, he is probably 175pounds heavier and bald.)

He goes white water rafting with a friend for a weekend, meets this friend’s friends and then doesn’t seem them for two years and they are all buddy buddy’s at the original friends wedding this past month.

My uncle is the same way, but not as annoyingly cheerful as Hubby. We were flying from Point A to point C and in the connection city. We are walking to our next gate and he suddenly sticks out his hand at this guy approaching us. The guy does the same. They grin like idiots, exchange " How ya doin’s, Good To See Ya’s…Gotta Flight To Catch" and that was it. I don’t think they didn’t miss a step in the direction they were going. I asked him who that was and he responded, " My best friend from my days in the Army." It had been over 40 years since they’d seen each other. Forty years changes alot in a person and they recognized each other instantly. Blew my mind.

Yes, people remember me. I don’t know why either, because I try to keep a low-profile. (I sorta have a fear of public speaking / generally being noticed). I guess it’s mostly former teachers, but it’s really weird when this lady I don’t remember comes up and says “Hi Steve! You’ve grown a lot since 6th grade!”
My little brother’s soccer referree remembered me, and I only went to maybe 3 games (and stayed quiet while I was there).
Fellow students from high-school remember me too, but that’s probably mostly from all the unfortunate publicity from being the only one in the school’s history to ace the PSAT. God, my life sounds pathetic :slight_smile: Really, you gotta believe me, my life does NOT revolve around schoolwork.

People remember me. I think it’s the hair…

Yer pal,
Satan

Yes, but not on this board.

Either that or they just dislike me.

Plunging like stones from a slingshot on Mars.

Remember me? I just wish people would notice me!!

“Vandelay!! Say Vandelay!!”

My boss and I have a “Homer Simpson/Mr. Burns” relationship. I’ve worked here almost two years and he still can’t remember my name (this has its advantages, just as it does for Homer). But to give Mr. Burns some credit, I imagine the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant has a fair number of employees (yes, I do know the difference between cartoons and reality…I think). But the place where I work only has about a dozen employees.

Example – Recently, I passed a certification test and a co-worker went back and said to him, “Otis just passed his test!” And with me standing right there he said, “Who’s Otis.” Honest.

“Stop the rope and let me in or I’ll go out and get some gin”

No.

But then again, neither do I. :wink:

Once a guy asked me, “Hey! Are you from Ottawa?”
Me: No
Him: That’s funny. I could have sworn you were from there. You look like somebody’s sister.
Me: I am somebody’s sister (with a big smirk)
Him: Blush

It dawned on me (much later) that he was trying to pick me up. Doh!

If all else fails, immortality can always be assured by spectacular error.
– John Kenneth Galbraith

I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY, but people have a tendency to remember me. I still run into people who insist they know me, although I have no recollection of ever meeting them. A number of people claim to recognize me from television, which is funny because I was only on TV twice, and that was six years ago, & I looked different then.

Hey Valerie and Tatertot! I really hope you two are my long lost triplets - EVERY TIME I MEET SOMEONE NEW they tell me I look just like somebody else they know. I’ve come to expect it.

Sucks to your assmar.

Never.

Obscurity gets old.

Suze? I remember you <G>

Yes, I am a brat…and it’s hard work!!