Do "Shooting Solutions" exist in the Navy ?

[QUOTE=d1a1s1]
There isnt any! Thats what Im trying to tell you!
[/QUOTE]

The speed does affect the maximum range, but since it can do 20 nautical miles at top speed, that’s not so much a concern.

From wikipedia:

Is that right? 75 knots? Impressive.
The reasons I could see for having the torpedo run at a reduced speed would be increased effectiveness of acoustic sensors, greater manueverability (I’m guessing, I’m not familiar enough with hydrodynamics to know for sure), and increased stealth.

[QUOTE=SenorBeef]
The speed does affect the maximum range, but since it can do 20 nautical miles at top speed, that’s not so much a concern.

From wikipedia:

Is that right? 75 knots? Impressive.
The reasons I could see for having the torpedo run at a reduced speed would be increased effectiveness of acoustic sensors, greater manueverability (I’m guessing, I’m not familiar enough with hydrodynamics to know for sure), and increased stealth.
[/QUOTE]

Cant confirm any of the operating characteristics of course but they are very quick! Yes, the lower speed is in fact used for certain search modes as I mentioned earlier. As much as everyone here wants it to be, it is NOT for “sneaking” up on the target. The torpedos have been getting quieter through advances in engineering.