Do they still make Grain Belt beer? Attention Minnesota Dopers.

I used to buy Grain Belt beer for around $4.50 a case. Then, circa 1997, I stopped seeing it. Do they still make it? I know it was made by Minnesota Brewing, and they still have a web site, but that could be old.

Any Minnesota Dopers who can tell me if this stuff is still available? And is it still so cheap?

Did you check GrainBelt.com? :wink:

Yeah, like I said, they have a web site, but I think it could be old. I tried e-mailing them and they all came back undeliverable. I tried calling the phone number and got no answer. That’s why I’m wondering if they still produce beer.
I want to repeat my question that if they do, is it still as inexpensive as it used to be? $4.50 for 24 cans of beer is cheap. You can’t buy a 12 pack of most other beers for that.

A few months ago, I was at a bar in Austin, MN, and I’m pretty sure my friend ordered a Grain Belt beer, out of curiosity.

I was kind of drunk, though, so take this with a grain of salt. :slight_smile:

I was last in Mn just under a year ago and drank lots of Pigs Eye.I can’t say anything about grain belt though.

From March of '98

from here
:slight_smile:

pkbites, they still make Grain Belt. And, yes, it’s still cheap, although not as cheap as Red, White and Blue. Some fine ahem drinking establishments even sell it on tap - usually a buck a glass.

Just so you know … the ONLY reason I know this is because grampa only buys cheap beer. I bring my own when I head over there :wink: