Do Vietnam vets ever contact their buddies?

Frank, I know that wasn’t an official warning.Even if it was, I haven’t had one in years so I am not too worried about it. But seriously, I am a veteran and I gave a “humble opinion” about whether veterans stay in touch. Then I gave an opinion about somebody that is not a member. I did not flame a member. I did not bring up the swiftboaters(lying sacks of shit that they were). Why single me out? Am I just supposed to let people like OneCenStamp slander all veterans? Many of us were there, we know the truth. Why should we tolerate historical revisionism?

You are “supposed” to start a Pit thread. You then post a one liner here alerting OneCent to the Pit thread. In the Pit thread, link the the offending post here.

Um…I brought up the Swift Boaters. I called their book a “smear” and gave them a big fat :dubious:.

I can’t say I agree with my uncle (hell, I voted for Kerry), but I respect him and I’m not about to argue with him over things (e.g. Vietnam and the war) that he was there for and I was not.

Whom, exactly, am I slandering? And especially, how am I “slandering all veterans” if I’m slow to believe accounts of atrocities against civilians? I would think the opposite would be true.

More than offended, I’m positively confused now. :confused:

I know a handful of Vietnam vets through my (27 y/o) husband who hangs out with them through the American Legion. I believe they all met later and did not serve together.
Although I enjoy their company, it does seem that they constantly pick the wound. But who am I to give advice? I just smile and drink my beer. Besides, they don’t talk about it much in my company since I am not a vet.

I don’t want to hijack the thread nor do I want to start a pit thread. When I mentioned slander I meant that insinuating that vets deny atrocities is slanderous. We were there we saw the atrocities. War is hell. Things happen. But people like your family member are insulting us by claiming that atrocities did not happen. I am not proud of many of the things that happened on my watch but at least I admit they did happen.

[Official Moderator Warning]You may not pit people in IMHO just because you don’t want to start a new thread in The BBQ Pit. Either stay on topic, civilly, start a new thread in the appropriate forum, or leave. Your choice.[/Official Moderator Warning]