Do you ever get alcoholic beverages at the cinema/movie theatre

When going to see a film at the cinema, do you ever get an alcoholic beverage? Does it matter if it’s at a place like Alamo Drafthouse or a chain like an AMC?

For me, the answer is yes about 50% of the time. On weekends, I will often visit a museum early afternoon, see a film late afternoon and then get dinner at a restaurant

It will kinda depend on my mood. I almost always get a drink, alcohol or soda, anyway. Obviously having to get up to pee during the movie is annoying, so it would depend on the film. Missing a few minutes of a comedy is different than a spy thriller where you’re likely to miss another double cross.

Can we please, pretty please, not hijack this immediately to make a rant about concession prices?

ive never paid for it or done it legally … but when we were older teens we had one of those bags you can put in the freezer to keep things cold and put in a 12-pack of club canned cocktails (mudslides) and watched the weekly double feature a few times

I wouldn’t get an alcoholic drink at a movie theatre because I don’t want to have my perception of the movie clouded by being tipsy.

Too expensive to get a drink at the movies, especially if you just spend a load of money at the concession stand. That and I rarely drink while watching movies at home unless its something I’ve seen 20 time before line Pulp fiction or Scarface where you know something good and gory is coming up.

Going to the movies, at the cinema, is popcorn and Coke.

Watching them at home on DVD is popcorn and beer.

I haven’t been to a movie since it’s become possible to get alcohol at a movie house.

But I intend to try it soon. With a proper adult beverage.

I rarely buy an alcoholic beverage at a restaurant (because of the cost and because I don’t get any especial euphoric feelings from one or two drinks), so I certainly wouldn’t bother in a movie theatre.

I only do it if it’s available. And, then basically every time.

Those places are not that common around here.

I remember being shocked when the local theatres began offering alcohol.

I’m not willing to pay the premium price and wait until I get home for a beer.

Even soda and popcorn have gotten too expensive. I rarely visit the snack bar. Last time we went I did buy popcorn and it was a nice treat.

I don’t think alcohol is available at our area theaters. If it were I wouldn’t partake anyway. Popcorn and a Diet Coke and something chocolatey that I may have smuggled in.

Yes just this weekend at the Music Box Theatre in Chicago for the midnight showing of Stop making sense

Also could’ve gotten up to dance too!

I’ve never seen alcohol sold at our local theater (we only have one) so no, I’ve never done it, but even if it was available, I wouldn’t buy it since I don’t need a drink to enjoy a good movie, plus I’d have to get up and pee during the middle which would spoil the movie for me. I like to watch a movie from beginning to end without interruptions, especially if I just paid $12 to watch it.

Yep there’s a cinema that’s also a cocktail bar near to me. Lovely to watch a movie with an old fashioned.

I’ve also been to cinemas where you are allowed to bring your own drinks in, and kinda followed the peer pressure to bring in beers. But I don’t think beer works as well; you inevitably need a bathroom break.

I would sometimes sneak in a split of champagne and two glasses for my wife and I to enjoy at a movie. More recently, as options have become more available, I’ll order a beer or glass of wine at the theater. Bathroom breaks are not required, regardless of having a few drinks.

Never.

I don’t want to have to pee during the film and I’d never pay those prices anyway.

I don’t think most of my local theaters even sell alcohol.

One of the few places I’ve been to that serves alcohol always has an intermission during the movie.

My objection isn’t to price, but quality. (for wine. Beer is another matter).

• I can easily go two to three hours without urinating when having an alcoholic drink
  • I will usually have to urinate within two or three hours if drinking alcohol.
  • It varies considerably. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. Other
  • I don’t drink alcohol enough to really answer
0 voters

If there’s “table” service and we’re getting dinner with the show then I might include a drink. In for a penny and all that. If it was just bar service and I’d have to go get my own drink then no.

Booze + Dark Space + Watching Film = Sleep

We have a nice theater here with huge comfy seats (and reserved seating - there’s no general admission). They have a restaurant and bar attached to the theater and you can also order food and drink to be brought to your seat. I will sometimes order a glass of wine there.

I have no issues with it affecting me mentally or physically - one glass of wine lasts an entire average-length movie for me so I really don’t feel any effects from it. I rarely see movies in the theater - maybe two or three times a year - so I rather enjoy making a little event out of it.