Do you feel young, old, or middle-aged?

I’ve felt old for as long as I can remember. I’ve lived a life that has required me to acquire a large amount of wisdom very quickly. Woo-woo people I meet have always told me I have an ‘‘old soul’’ – even when I was like 9. It’s like I’ve spent my whole life waiting to reach the age that I feel. I am 26. As Mr. Brooks would say, I’m much too young to feel this damn old.

Two weeks from today I turn 50, and I have never felt better, physically or emotionally. I am (falling) in love, I am eating better than ever and it’s finally showing. Life is good, regardless of what the calendar says.:smiley:

I feel tired, exhausted, and worked to the bone, but I feel I’ve gained experience over the years, and learned a bit of wisdom.
So I’d say I’m Middle Aged.

I’m 23.

I am 63. I am capable of feeling anywhere from 5 to 80. Take your pick.

As I approached my most recent birthday, I was feeling very old. It was my 30th. Now that my birthday has passed, I am feeling like my young self again.

I feel very old: at least middle aged, although I just started my second semester in college. I work, go home, watch HGTV with the future missus then we go asleep then do it all again the next day.

26, feeling old enough to fart dust

Sometimes I feel like I’m 25, sometimes 30. And I wish I didn’t, because I’m old enough to be my own father.

On the other hand, turning 40 was one of the best things that happened to me. I found a lot of confidence in myself that I didn’t have when younger, and I just don’t give a damn about stupid things that I used to.

I’m 45. I’m sick, all the time, lonely, & my career is at a dead-end.

I feel old.

KlondikeGeoff out does me. I will wait.
That being said, he will probably bury me.

*Right *now, middle-aged I guess. Sometimes I feel old, rarely do I feel young again. I often wonder if I’ll ever meet a woman who makes me feel all aglow like I did in my youth again. That would be nice.

Most of the time, I still think I’m 17 and could piss over the hood of a truck, but the reality is that I turn 46 in 10 days and couldn’t piss over a hubcap.

I feel young, but I know I’m old. Not a bad place to be, though, really.

I’m with you Klondike. Though in real years I’m 48.

I had shoulder surgery recently and while talking to my (incredibly cute) physical theripist, I felt like I was her age. It’s hard to explain. We had a lot in common, she and my Wife are both IronMen. She and I both where born in Chicago.

In talking about what we have in common we talked about schools. I talked about being at CU Boulder in 1979 perhaps we have met before? She went to CU too. In 1999. Opps. I really wasn’t thinking.

I kind of felt bad. I’m really bad at judging age sometimes. And athletes age can be real hard to judge. A 50 year old can look 30 and visa-versa. And frankly, I just don’t think about age that much.

I have neices and nephews that are in their early 20’s and we get along like friends. Buddies, pals. Tell me anything. It still feels weird to be called uncle.

That’s exactly how I feel (turned 40 last August).

I am 65 and play about 10 hours of racquetball a week and walk my dogs everyday, at least 2 miles. I feel good. I don’t feel tired or weak. I have plenty of energy. My wife is 55. She does no exercise at all ,and is tired and grouchy.

Mostly I think I’m eighteen . . . but these last few months have been stressful enough that I feel 45 right now. (26, for the record)

Well, Cicero, me lad, if I do I will at least wait until your dead. Now, feel better?

I’m 41. But I feel pretty young. Mostly.

Stuff that makes me feel young:

• My partner is 8 years younger and my friends tend to be younger too. Sharing their interests, musical tastes, etc., helps me from turning into an old fogey.
  • I have a 14 month old kid. This seems like a young person sort of thing. Being pregnant made me feel like my body was still fresh and fertile – not old and decaying.
  • I love learning/experiencing new stuff. I think this gives me a younger, more flexible way of looking at the world.

Stuff that makes me feel old:

• Looking in the mirror after being up four times during the night with a sick kid.
  • Hoping that my knees will hold up when getting up off the floor with said kid in my arms.

Young. And I’m 56.

I trying to think of anything that makes me feel old, but, other than aches and pains, nothing comes to mind. I’m reminded of a local author who wrote a book entitled “The Girls with the Grandmother Faces,” about how all her friends still thought they were “girls” even though they were grandmothers and had aged. I’m the same way.

Just turned 79 last week. But most of the time feel about 40 years younger. Never sick (knock on wood) and the last time I went to the doctor for a meaningful procedure was 40 years ago. Do fairly vigorous excercises 5 times a week, and watch the diet (somewhat). And luckily my wife is about the same - our medical expenses are practically nil. Luckily both sides of both our families tend to live almost forever.

Only problems - sex drive is OK, but sex is a little harder (understatement). And one of my knees fusses at me once in a while. Stupid knee! And I do appreciate a good midday nap.

All in all, don’t have very much to complain about. Actually, I’m probably enjoying myself more now than ever. There never seems enough time in the day to do all that I want to do.