Do you have a favorite kids book?

The cat ate my Gymsuit! I forgot about that one. I used to love that!

Oh and I also just remembered "the Little house " books . I used to know those by heart. It was weird because if you read the book and then saw the show, It was never the same. The characters were different, Story’s from the book would show up on the show only the werent right, I liked the show but I wish they would have made it more like the books

Yes and Yes. Both of those books were excellent. I read and re-read The Grey King so many times that the cover fell off.
But my all-time favorite kid’s book was King of the Wind by Marquerite Henry. I STILL love this book and it is still in my top ten favorite books. :slight_smile:

Yobgorgle, by a recurring shordurpersav of mine, the great Daniel Pinkwater.

Greywolf I don’t know how I forgot the Marguerite Henry books. The Misty of Chincoteague books are great. I also read King of the Wind several times. They may inspire horse-craziness in ten year old girls, however. :slight_smile:
Someone has mentioned the Little House on the Prairie books, right? Right?

Dang! All my favorites are showing up in here. I’ve never met anyone who knows about The Westing Game.

May I also recommend Lloyd Alexander’s Prydain Chronicles, beginning with The Book of Three? The next volumes are The Black Cauldron, The Castle of Llyr, and Taran Wanderer. The series finishes with The High King. I am still amazed at how well the series holds up, and how much Taran matures through the story.

The Misty books! Oh yes, and the Little House books! You guys really are taking me down Memory Lane.

Oh, and phouka? I know about The Westing Game. Do we let the others in on it? That was such a cool mystery book for kids, I cannot stand it.

Oh, and the Encylopedia Brown books.

Dont we all know the westing game? I certainly do.

Chess Anyone? :wink:

ivylass, we must bring the good news that is The Westing Game to others.

Going way way waaaay back The Pokey Little Puppy.
Goign just way back, Superfudge and Ramona the Pest as well as any kind of Encyclopedia Brown book I could lay my hands on.

You are a doofus always in my eyes, Butch Meany.:smiley:

My twelve-year-old son and I both love anything by Gerald Durrell, especially his autobiographical trilogy, My Family and Other Animals; Birds, Beasts and Relatives; and The Garden of the Gods. The last two books in the trilogy are out of print, but they are well worth tracking down in a library or a used-book store. (I bought my copies from half.com.) These are truly delightful books.

Most of my favorites are already listed.
From the mixed up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankweiler
the Little House Series
The Witch of Blackbird Pond
But to add to the list
Harold and His Purple Crayon
(I know this is not really a Kids book,but, I read it when I was a kid) Lorna Doone