Do you have a middle name?

Unrelated given name. My first name is that of a friend of my father’s who died before I was born. I don’t know of any source for my middle name, other than they all seem to kind of “fit” together.

My middle name could be related to either grandfather but somehow I doubt that explanation.

It’s “Thomas” by the way.

My middle name is my father’s first name.

My kids have two middle names. True story.

Well, with 5 of you, who has time for that type of thing?

My middle name is my grandfather’s first name. He died before I was born.

Danger is my middle name.

No middle name. Nor my sisters. The brothers have family related middle names.

I don’t see an option for “I have more than one middle name”, which is the case with myself, as my first and middle names are the full name of a 1920s celebrity my grrat-grandparents worked with.

My middle name is my maternal uncle’s first name.

I don’t have a middle name. Once in a great while this causes someone to get flustered, but officialdom is OK with it.

Apparently some people believe having a middle name is a legal requirement. No, it’s not.

My first and middle names are from two popes, Paul Telesphorus.

I have my paternal Grandfather’s first name as my middle name.

my entire name was my grandfathers who was jr and his dad was sr so occasionally I have to add “the third” then III became common in the 90s …
i just dont like saying my full name out loud because it sounds pretentious as hell

Is your family Catholic, by any chance? See my second comment in Post #4 above. Maybe you were supposed to pick a middle name later, but this never happened for some reason.

Something like Thurston Howell III? :slight_smile:

My middle name is a relatively common women’s given name. One big survey (n- 1000) places it just barely in the top 10 most common, which suggests it’s actually a lot more popular as a middle name than first.

My brother’s middle name, on the other hand, is Dad’s first name. Mom suggested naming him after dad, but he didn’t want a junior. So the middle name was their compromise.

My middle name is a standard given name, as is my sisters.
The best middle name comes from ‘How I met your mother’ :smiley:

In case the clip doesn’t work, the middle name is …

waitforit :cool: i.e. Marvin Waitforit Eriksen

I have a rather boring middle name. However, my grandmother was Naomi, my mother was Naomi, my sister’s middle name is Naomi, my niece’s middle name is Naomi, and my great niece’s middle name is Naomi. Five generations.

My middle -and first and sur - names are the same as my dad’s, his dad’s, his dad’s, and - I’m pretty sure - his dad’s. I’m descended from a pretty uncreative bunch!

My wife, OTOH, has no middle name. Which is kinda weird, as she is the youngest of 3 sisters, and both of her older sibs have middle names. Guess they ran out of ideas - or couldn’t afford one!

My middle name was my Uncle’s name. And he was named for a significant ancestor.