Do you have a "minimalist" desk space and/or home office? Show it off here!

Can they actually hold weight?

My home office is my couch. The only clutter that occurs is when the cats try to assist me. I have a real office in my basement, but the wireless doesn’t extend very well, and it’s somewhat depressing down there.

So far (3 years), so good. The brackets that hold the shelf up are 24" deep, so they carry most of the weight. The part of the slab that is not directly supported by them only has to hold up the keyboards, mice, coffee cups, and occasionally a cat.

This is my home office. In real life, it’s actually not that much more cluttered.

I don’t have minimalist anything but I love threads like this one, where I can peek into other people’s lives and houses.

Keep 'em coming.

Not very minimalist, but I do use 2-3 machines routinely to work, so it’s the best I was comfortable with.

It’s not minimalist, but it’s small – I use the bay window in my dining room. The trick has been figuring out ways to create the storage areas I need without having any actual walls.

The desk was from Ikea about ten years ago, they probably no longer make it.

Most of my working on paper is jotting notes and making lists, for which I use the steno pad next to the keyboard. If I’m working on an actual document of some sort, I use a clipboard. When I need to spread out papers, which is rare, I use the dining room table, which is in arm’s reach to my left.

Even though I’m not looking for minimalist I’ve been getting some great ideas from these. My new office will be 9’x9’10 and i’m thinking of making the desk myself to get the fit exactly correct. I need room for 2pc’s with 2 monitors each as well as space for the crazy amount of paper my work generates.

Love the lighting and the plants, but um, why the petroleum jelly next to the calendar?

Nice stealth brag brah. When I get a second monitor, for my oh so important gaming, I’ll make sure to post a pic too. :cool:

You get my vote for best home office!:slight_smile:

Creamy petroleum jelly. :wink: It’s very intensive hand cream.

Gotta have smooth hands to change the date, no doubt.

And you have a guitar, the sign of a happy workplace.

This is my space. Took some work to hide all the cords and stuff out of the way, but it works for me. Could use a few splashes of color, though.