Do you recall the FIRST movie that ever made you cry? What was it?

Another ‘Bambi’.
They shot his mommy! Waaaaahhhhh!
I was about 6.

Must have been The Wizard of Oz. “I think I’ll miss you most of all.” Bwaaaah!

Bambi, 5 years old.

fuckin’ Walt…

Strangely, that was probably mine too.

Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

I was 9 or so. The Terminator’s death scene really got me.

“I cannot self-terminate” still sends a chill up my spine.

I can’t remember if it was Old Yeller (which they showed us in grammar school) or this Indian movie that I watched with my parents called Anand.

I think the last one I cried at was Life Is Beautiful.

Barry Lyndon, starring Ryan O’Neal. It was the funeral procession for the little boy that had me sobbing on my husband’s shoulder. I couldn’t believe a movie would break me down that way.

Snoopy Come Home. I would have been around 5 years old.

Anything with an animal, happy or sad, live action or cartoon, makes me weep like I lost my house in a fire. So, probably Bambi, going way back. Homeward Bound (The Incredible Journey), Babe, Milo and Otis, any number of Disney movies.

The original Italian Job, when they push the Mini Coopers off the cliffs. Tears of rage, they were!

Old Yeller.

It was E.T. for me too, but I was really little (like 5) and not because I was moved. The movie was too scary for me, I never made it past one of the opening jump scared (E.T. gets discovered in a bush or closet or something and everyone starts screaming I think). It made me cry and scream because I was so scared.

I never made it through that movie until I saw it at a summer program when I was like 13.

As a very small kid, I’ll bet I probably cried out of fear or boredom once or twice, but I’m pretty sure the first time I was emotionally moved to tears by a film was Jack (the one with Robin Williams as a fast-aging child). It’s not a great movie, and I didn’t love it even then, but the schmaltzy ending got me.

Since then, I’m a pretty easy mark for tears at a bittersweet ending.

“Bambi… Quick! The thicket!”

Old Yeller.

Captains Courageous with Spencer Tracy ! The whole family watched it on TV and my dad went to the bathroom to cry. I am HOH and I could hear him blowing his nose.

Old Yeller, seriously.

Scruffy, a cartoon movie about a dog that finds a wonderful owner… who dies of a heart attack.

That’s the first time I saw my father cry at all.

I don’t remember crying at a movie as a kid. The first one I remember bawling at was **The Waterdance **in a scene with William Forsythe. It would have been when I was ~24.

Man, that movie affected me too, but more just how vaguely sick/upset that part and the duel made me feel. I would have been seven. Apparently I asked my father how much they paid Ryan O’Neal to have his leg amputated :).