Do you recall the FIRST movie that ever made you cry? What was it?

“Imitation of Life.” Oh my God. I don’t know if it was the first that made me cry, but I remember practically being in hysterics. Another one was “The Champ”, with Ricky Schroeder and Jon Voight. That was a tearjerker extravaganza.

Born Free

Yeah i’d say The Champ was mine too.

I get choked up fairly easily but actual tears, almost never. Do documentaries count? I BAWLED at A Lion in the House, a PBS doc about kids with cancer.

Another vote for Bambi. Saw it in the theater in the mid-70s when I was 9 or 10. Thank god I never saw Old Yeller until much later on TV.

Milo and Otis makes me sad, aghast and very angry, not because of the plot, but because of the strong allegations of serious animal abuse (and deaths) that occurred during its filming in Japan (if you don’t know, don’t look it up…)

To this day I am proud of my 5-year old self’s reaction to* Bambi*. After Bambi’s mother died, I stood up from my theatre seat and said in that piercing voice 5-year olds can have, “I don’t like this movie. I want to go home.” People in the crowded audience around us clapped! I got my way. We left. And I never saw the remainder of Bambi until I was an adult. I was still mad about the egregious death of the mother. It was both unnecessary to the plot and disturbing to children everywhere, for whom the dang movie was intended.

The first movie I can remember actually crying when I watched it was The Incredible Journey. I’ve always been a real softie for animals.

When Prime dies in Transformers: The Movie

Fuckin’ Benji.

The first one that comes to mind is one of the *Planet of the Apes *movies - *Escape From . . .*maybe? Anyway the apes are on a military ship, being shot at, and a mother holding her baby gets shot and the baby is dropped over board. Or maybe the baby was shot. Not sure, as all I remember seeing through my tears is the little baby ape, all bundled in his blanket, bobbing on the waves. Holy crap did that kick my ass.

1776. “Momma, Look Sharp” (Sniff) Also, “What’s in these kegs?”

I cried at the end of The Jungle Book. I was about 3 or 4 and I remember my dad carrying me out of the theatre and I was sniffling. The movie came out years before I was born so it must have been a kid’s matinee or something.

Also Bambi.

Old Yeller.

Escape from…

Old Yeller for me too.

Full-length animated version of “Cyrano De Bergerac.”

I remember watching some movie about a boy and a seal… and at the end he releases the seal back into the wild… and it was very sad.

I have no idea what the name of this movie is, or really any other details other than I remember the ending.

I’ve done some googling, and I think its probably The Golden Seal But for some reason I recall this being more like Kindergarten age… which would have been a few years before that…

I don’t think I’ve ever cried at a movie.

:confused:

Escape to Witch Mountain

:confused:

Thanks. I almost want to watch it again to see if it’s still sad or just horribly corny. Almost.