Do you trim your pubic hair?

Do ya’ll? I do from time to time.

Okay, the Mad Hijacker strikes again:

Do you guys think it’s better to read the book and then see the movie, or the other way around?

I’m torn. The book is almost always better than the movie, which would argue for seeing the movie first, so you’re moving from a lesser experience to a greater one. On the other hand, seeing the movie first will “fix” the characters in your mind as the particular actors chosen, which I find distracting.

Live a Lush Life
Da Chef

I don’t read many books, and I’m a movie junkie. I often hear people say the book is better. Am I missing that much? My mom just finished Angela’s Ashes and was almost in tears when she put it down. I think I’ll take her to the movie as an experiment.

I tried a new kind of mascara tonite before I went swimming. It was great, it didnt run when it got wet.

We are, each of us angels with only one wing,and we can only fly by embracing one another

Chef my darling, shouldnt we just assign him to coventry?

ps, are you bringing the oysters tonight??
:wink:

Babar, I am also a movie junkie!!

What have you seen lately? what genre?

the last movie I saw in the theater was the latest Bond movie, just for the hell of it. Right now, my favorites are American Beauty, Being John Malkovich, both of which you can still see in certain theaters. I don’t know what’s playing right now. Maybe I should do that this weekend.

I seem to be exactly the opposite. Many’s the book I’ve read with a blurb on the cover saying, “now a major motion picture from $studio!” without ever seeing the movie. I do find, however, that, when I’ve both read the book and seen the movie, I almost always like the book better. It seems like movies are just unable to get into specifics, states of mind, and so on than the corresponding books do. I’ve also noticed several instances in which a crucial sequence in the book is glossed over for these reasons, weakening the whole thing.

How about authors and books we wish would be made into movies? I vote for Neal Stephenson’s <i>Snow Crash</i> and/or <i>Cryptonomicon</i>, although oth would have to be pretty weird to come off correctly.

I’ve been qouted! My first time. Thanks, Jo3sh.

Kelli my sweet, I don’t want to send Masterson to Coventry because I have friends there.

And my aphrodisiac of choice is strawberries and champagne…except in gumbo or fried for a poboy, oysters look like giant gray boogers to me. shudder

Live a Lush Life
Da Chef

Mmmm… strawberries…

Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

I have this much in common with babar and kelli…
I also am a movie junkie.
But, I also am a book junkie. The point is that I like to see the movie and then read the book, if I have never heard of the book. If I have read the book, I usually will not see the movie, as they never do the book justice. I still have not seen Starship Troopers, as I hear they (hollywood) fucked it all up.
So, all in all, I guess I like to see the movie and then read the book, as I can notice the similarities and revel in the differences.

how did it start? well i don’t know i just feel the craving. i see the flesh and it smells fresh and it’s just there for the taking…
VvvV
“Winners never quit and quitters never win, but those who never win and never quit are idiots.”

Starship Troopers! Haaaahahahahahaaaaaa! What a piece of shit! You’d think a movie with that much fire, explosions, giant bugs, and nudity would at least be watchable. Actually, there are parts of the movie I do like. But all in all, it’s a steaming piece of shit. That’s just my opinion, I could be wrong (lights go back up).

Trim? No. Everyone knows what I do, as it’s been discussed many times before. If you think you’re being original, you’re sadly mistaken. We’ve discussed every topic you’ve brought up so far at LEAST once in the past.

I’d rather read the book first, so that I know the “extra stuff” behind the movie, that they’re leaving out.

From an actual catalog" “Disco balls create an enchanting, dazzling effect of light shafts, adding movement and glamour to any occasion”
the Abrams’ bris was certainly memorable
O p a l C a t
www.opalcat.com

< burp >

Pardon me

This guy’s threads make me have this need to burp…

< burp >

No pardon me’s necessary

:rolleyes:

Starship troopers the movie:

Funny you should mention this, as my kids are watching it right now.

The movie was OK, the book much better.

VB

Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well.

If I read the book first, then I often want to see the movie. But if I see the movie first, I rarely want to read the book.

Has The Amber Chronicles been turned into a movie (or movies)? Triple Detente would also make a great movie. Or how about Nightfall?

Hey VB, hey babar, thanks for the feedback.
The book Starship Troopers by Robert Henlein kicks ass. A better book about society, soldiering, and the whole “man vs. himself” struggle I have never read.
But I heard the movie was retarded, so I didn’t see it. Now, based on what babar says, I probably never will.
Thanks!

how did it start? well i don’t know i just feel the craving. i see the flesh and it smells fresh and it’s just there for the taking…
VvvV
“Winners never quit and quitters never win, but those who never win and never quit are idiots.”

Like Lex, I’m both a book and movie junkie. I think I’ve seen over two thirds of 1999’s movies at least once.

I’ve finally come to the conclusion that as long as the movie is good on its own merits, I’m not going to waste too much time comparing it to the book. It’s simply two different genres, made for two different types of audiences. Starship Troopers Is a great example of what I’m talking about. The movie has nothing to do with the book! But as an action/propaganda parody, I thought it rocked! I’ve liked some books better than their movie adaptations, and verce-vica. But that’s just me.

My aphrodisiac of choice is a pulse.

You say “cheesy” like that’s a BAD thing.

Nice to know you have standards, Seale!

:: ducks and runs for cover with an evil grin ::

I really try to be good but it just isn’t in my nature!