Same as the OP, I waste too much time. And as a single man with no kids, I can’t fathom how married men with kids have time to do anything. How is 24 hours somehow not enough for someone like me with no kids or wife? Yeah, it boggles my mind.
I can’t even remember what I did with my time before I had a kid. I know I spent a lot of it writing.
What did we do on the weekends? Did we just go to movies and see friends whenever we felt like it?
It’s almost impossible for me to imagine. As a parent there’s no amount of free time I have where I’m not also thinking in some way about parenting. It can really mess with you. The line between free time and parenting time is really easily blurred. Free time can become parenting time at any moment, and often does.
The end of summer is always tough…trying to cram in all the goofing off I’ve been meaning to do. (Calvin & Hobbes)
All my time is wasted.
Yeah, the parenting thinking never really leaves you after you’ve had children and raised them. If you were at least half interested.
This often turns into over obsessing with grandkids. Or pets. And possibly helping a spouse as they age.