Doc Love and his advice.

I was just wondering what y’all thought about Doc Love and his advice. You can read his articles here. http://www.askmen.com/dating/doclove/index.html I have a friend who swears by him, but I don’t think his system really works. For one thing, I have yet to see any example of a woman in his personal life. I did an internet search, but as far as I can tell, he’s single.

What do you all think about him? Personally I prefer Dan Savage. ^^

Based on a quick scan of a few of the articles, his advice seems shallow, to me. Then again, what do I know about dating? I haven’t dated in almost 10 years, so maybe things have changed.

The thing that bothered me the most was all his references to “Miss Right”, while telling you how to, basically, fool her into dating you or staying with you. It’s not nice to fool Mother Nature OR Miss Right, IMO.

This sort of thing is anathema to me. Like the (shudder) “Rules”, it seems to beg the quesiton “what do you want a woman for?” Not for compainionship, not for friendship, not because any individual in particular makes you want to spend time with her: it’s not clear that it’s even about sex, which would at least be honest. It’s more as if it’s about “getting wowmen” becuase “geting women” is what guys want, and it’s a complete end itn itself. Having gotton them, oyu look like a real guy to all the other guys and your mission is complete.

The whole site reeks of regulations and rules regarding dating. It has yet to persuade me any woman’s going to fall for any of it.

Whatever happened to simply going on a date to get to know another person and enjoy the time spent with them? Sites like these make dating seem like a huge game, and the people who “get the most” (as Manda pointed out) the winners. The concept seems flawed. Following rules instead of acting like yourself is a recipe for disaster later on.