Does a healthy diet improve one's mental abilities?

Under the influence of our family doctor and my wife’s example I have adopted an increasingly healthy lifestyle lately. I have always been energetic, but following a more healthy diet has caused me to become somewhat more limber.
What I have wondered recently is whether healthy eating can make me mentally deft as well.

If your diet was adequate before, I don’t know that making it exemplary will improve your brain function, but if it was really poor, there was always the chance that your brain wasn’t functioning optimally due to something missing from, or too much in abundance in, your diet.

Additionally, if you are healthy, you body can do amazing things with even a poor diet, as far as getting the things to your brain that it needs, and just excreting what it doesn’t, but if you are not healthy, it may be that you need to pay better attention to your diet in order to keep things in balance, and keep your organs nourished, and the brain is an organ.

So really, only a doctor can answer that question.

But, one thing is almost certainly true: if you feel better, your ability to concentrate will improve, and that will help you learn better. Also, eating better will probably help you sleep better, and sleeping well helps us store things in long-term memory better. So for those two reasons, you might feel like learning is a little easier.

And then, it certainly can’t hurt.

Vitamin D can cause cognitive impairment. It is possible to get the RDA of dietary vitamin D and still suffer from a deficiency due to problems with absorption.

According to this [url=“Iron deficiency and cognitive functions - PMC”]article, iron deficiency can cause problems with attention span, intelligence, and sensory perception.

Vitamin D can cause cognitive impairment. It is possible to get the RDA of dietary vitamin D and still suffer from a deficiency due to problems with absorption.

According to this article, iron deficiency can cause problems with attention span, intelligence, and sensory perception.

One of the radical changes is drinking nothing but water or tea and I wonder if I can get a clearer mind as a result. Adopting a healthy diet has come with a sense of leading a more natural life although my sleep has remained the same in general - I sleep less than most people.

Anecdote: A poster on another board said she had a child with ADHD, and decided to reduce the family’s consumption of processed foods, artificial dyes, etc. in an effort to help him. It was immediately apparent that whatever caused the child’s ADHD, it wasn’t this, but the whole family was healthier, slept better, had more of the right kind of energy, etc. and she summed it up this way: “Is blue soda pop really good for anybody?”

She didn’t ban junk food, sugary drinks, etc; she and her husband just didn’t buy as much of it.

Improved school performance was one reason why the school lunch (and now breakfast) program was created.