Does any country in the world have 100% health insurance and 0% homelessness?

Do any countries in the world have 100% health coverage for all citizens?
Do any countries have 0% homelessness?

and how do they accomplish these feats?

Thanks!

Short answer: No.

As a country, I would suggest Vatican city probably is as close as you can get.

Alot of countries have 100% health coverage, for example the UK (one out of many) as they have nationalized health services which are paid for out of tax revenues and offer free healthcare to all.

Both in one country, probably not. Every country has a homeless rate, simply because there are people that are too irresponsible to have a home, ie, heavy drug users. That doesn’t have much to do with the country itself. Several countries have 100% health coverage for every single person. Australia and Sweden spring to mind, where you can walk in off the street and get a triple bypass for absolutely free, but I’m sure there are others.

The more I think about it, the more Vatican City seems to be the answer. I haven’t got any stats to hand, but does anyone know if they have 100% healthcare? I would guess that their homeless rate is near to 0%.

Cuba? Or do they stikk have a shortage of medicines?
Peace,
mangeorge

Personally, I seem to have a shortage of l’s.

Cuba? No homeless in Cuba? Don’t think so…

Ok, I will settle for countries where there is no excuse to be homeless because of easily available housing subsidies.

I understand in the UK anyone without a home can get money to stay in a hotel or Bed and breakfast.

I think there is something like that in France too…

Anyone know?

I think it’s worth pointing out that homelessness is sometimes a lifestyle choice. Of course, you might argue that some who choose the outdoor lifestyle might benefit from medication, a point that, in turn, introduces another interesting question;

Are there more homeless people in societies where they would have to pay for medication, than in societies where there’s 100% healthcare coverage ?

My guess is there are too many variables to even begin to answer that one …

I believe many of the former Communist countries would have claimed to satisfy the conditions in the OP. They had universal health care, although the quality may not necessarily have been the best. They also would not admit to any homeless problem. North Korea might still be in this category (of claiming to satisfy the OP, if not actually satisfying it) but objective data is hard to come by. From what I hear their health care system is abysmal for all but the highest ranking officials.

I nominate Sealand, of course. If you’re a Sealander and homeless, chances are you’ve drowned.

I’m not sure what you mean by 100% health care.

If you mean every citizen and permanent resident is covered by a government health-care plan, yes there are such countries, like Canada.

However, such plans do not usually include every conceivable type of medical treatment. Here in Canada, each province maintains a list of procedures and treatments that are covered, which is pretty extensive but not exhaustive. Well-established treatments, such as triple bypasses, are covered; new/experimental treatments, or ones which have generally low success rates, may not be included. Also, our health coverage is focused on medical doctors, medical clinics and hospitals. Other types of health care, such as chiropractors, optometrists and dentists, are not included.

Really, samarm?
I understand that there’s a lot of overcrowding, due largely to a lack of building materials, But everybody does have a place to live if they want it.
I’ve spoken to a couple of Cubans, but I’ve never been to Cuba.

Having a place if you want it doesn not equal homelessness. However, as the OP has settled for this as meeting the criteria, so it may count. But so would many other countries, including Britain, as has already been mentioned.

Cuban homeless:

The destitute

The not-so-destitute

I believe the United States was devoid of the homeless between 1-21-1993 and 1-21 -2001. Of course, since then, the homeless # began to skyrocket.

Either this is a joke that I don’t get, or just a pile of crap.

I would think that some extremely small nations, such as the Sovereign Military Hospitaller Order of St. John of Jerusalem of Rhodes and of Malta quite likely have no homeless. I have no idea how such places deliver health care, if they do at all. (Well, SMOM delivers health care in many countries, but that’s sort of a different thing.)

I don’t get it either, Boyo Jim, but aren’t those dates right around the times of presidential inaugurations?