Does anyone else feel like their IQ drops 10 points when they tune in to Ancient Aliens

Ten points? I lose a digit after 10 minutes’ watching.

It is worse that that. It is a whole series about not finding Bigfoot.

Ancient Aliens. Sixty minutes of breathlessly asking questions and not answering a single damned one.

Him, he who saw an actual ancient alien.

Alrighty then, I’m gonna be the guy to say it. I like Ancient Aliens. And not for the snark.

I like the “what if?” angle. What if Jacobs Ladder was actually a loading platform to a UFO? What if the Giza Pyramid was a microwave recharging station for the mother ship. What if depictions of angels were based on aliens with jetpacks?

I’m a smart, normal guy. I’m an athiest. Having an open mind while watching silly TV makes my IQ drop?

Race you to the pit…

^ You get a medal, NOT, however you do get my respect for your courage. Now that I got the flattery out of the way, let the chips fall where they may.

I know that episode, upshot he claims is that the aliens who built the pyramids find their way to their thule base by navigating with landmarks, and apparently that field of Carnak stones in France is their landmark to turn north. No, you really can’t make shit like this up. And I do occasionally spark my waterpipe when I watch.

Doesn’t he just sort of seem like a cartoon character who has just plugged a finger into a light socket? That hair and jittery way of talking:D

ROFLMAO

As if only the uninitiated call it a ‘sasquatch’, the leet call it a squatch …:rolleyes:

I have often thought of doing a blog called "Cracked Pots’ about bad science TV but I would probably throw a rock through my TV in frustration after watching unending episodes of the crap. Occasional bad science 'thons are fun now and then but I would hate to lock myself into having to produce content by regularly watching it.

I guess crack pots are attracted by crack pots.

Fuck me, I love that show. Hell, we have a cat named Teal’c, and when we got adopted by a rabbit that looked like his son we had no choice but to name him Rya’c.

Wait, what?

It’s bad. Real bad.

But is as bad as the current Bigfoot series going on? Hey, did you hear that noise in the forest. Absolutely must be a Sasquach. Couldn’t be anything else!

I half-watched one episode. It was about aliens posing as trickster gods. “This cult leader (or drug cartel member) did <obviously delusional and/or psychopathic things>, which fit the pattern of stories in folklore where a trickster god like Loki manipulates people and then gets them killed just for kicks. Obviously, you’d have to be pretty thick to conclude that it was an actual trickster god. Ha ha! Can you imagine? Therefore, each time it was an alien posing as a trickster god.”. Apparently you can take a non-sequitur, pile a second non-sequitur on top of it, and your explanation becomes valid.

If I watch the show again, it will be because someone else wants to watch it; I’ll stick around and crack wise the whole time.

Hey, the show is good stuff. It’s real. It poses questions real scientists don’t ask.

Now Professional Wrestling is a quack sport, I would never watch that.

One would assume that a race capable of interstellar travel would have a good onboard navigation system, but I guess that’s not the case.

I suppose it might be doing harm to people who take it seriously, but I find it entertaining. I just pretend it’s a faux reality show spin off of Stargate.

That has always been my thought as well. While I do think it is well within the realm of possibility that there is another intelligent life form on some planet out there, I seriously doubt they are sneaking around anally probing us and pretending to be gods. I think either they simply watch us while remaining concealed somehow or they have no interstellar flight, like we have no interstellar flight.

And if these assclowns did manage to find a “squatch,” I’d imagine it’d be a major news story, and you’d have heard something about it first in the mainstream media, rather than on some reality show that’s airing months after it was filmed.

A real archeologist speaks out about the History Channel’s “rubbish.”

Thanks for introducing me to a 3 hour timesink! :smack:

:smiley:

Stupid show tricks me all the time. I’ll switch over to the channel without checking what’s on, and catch 30 seconds or so of something that sounds really cool…then realize it’s this travesty.

I’ve never seen “Ancient Aliens”, but “The Nostradamus Effect” and “Rescue Mediums” have a similar effect on me.