Does Anyone Have an ISA Modem?

Just a quick question for the teeming millions.

A very good friend’s modem died recently and, rather than replace an otherwise perfectly good 7-year old computer, he’s been trying to locate an ISA modem. Would anyone happen to have one going spare? Payment can be arranged, and my e-mail address is in my profile.

Many thanks,
CJ

I did until about 2 weeks ago, when I had a clearout!

There’s plenty on eBay, for miniscule prices.

I presume this is an old PC that doesn’t have any available PCI slots (or simply doesn’t have any) and also doesn’t have USB? - if you can’t find an ISA modem, you probably would be able to get an external serial port model (that connects to the COM port - which nearly every PC on the planet has one of). I’d offer to send you one of these, but the power supply is quite heavy and is a UK three-pin model.

Mangetout has it right. You might be better off just looking for an external modem that plugs in the serial port.

I should have a few laying around here somewhere. I’ll check when I get home tonight.

Oh and while we’re at it, I ran out of punch cards. Does anyone have some they’re not using?

:smiley:

i should have one or two - also a soundcard and an 80 meg hard card if they could be of use, all isa. you need only pay for shipping, and be patient for me to search in the “storage” (aka huge piles of hold shit) room at my parents house.

that should actually say "huge piles of old shit, and feel free to click the e-mail or im button to get ahold of me