Does corn have gluten, or not?

On You Bet Your Garden, a radio show out of Philadelphia, Mike McGrath pushed the use of corn gluten on early spring lawns as a pre-emergent herbicide. Mike’s a former editor of Organic Gardening, so he’s a no-chemicals guy. I thought it was interesting, but I didn’t rush out to buy any.

A few weeks later, on the Food TV Network, one of the shows asserted that corn has no gluten. :smack:

So, was the Foodie fibbing, or is McGrath boosting an imaginary product? This question is not about whether corn gluten really works as herbicide, but you can address that if you like.

As Wikepedia notes:

I imagine the person talking about “corn gluten” was really referring to corn seed proteins.

The food show was probably talking about gluten in terms of celiac disease/gluten intolerance, and corn does not contain gluten. From wikipedia:

“Coeliac disease is caused by a reaction to gliadin, a gluten protein found in wheat (and similar proteins of the tribe Triticeae which includes other cultivars such as barley and rye).”

AFAIK,corn gluten is removed in milling and used for an animal feed adjunct.It has gained popularity as a pre-emergent herbicide in the last few years.Some use it as an organic fertiliser.
I’m guessing if left in corn meal it promotes rancidity.