Does "Santa Claus" wrap presents?

Yes and no stockings to be had.

Do you also not leave cookies and milk out for him because, for some odd reason, he is dieting at the same time that dad is?

In my childhood - yes and yes. Santa had handwriting suspiciously like my Nan’s (as did her dog - yes my Nan’s dog used to go shopping and get presents for us! How thoughtful!). He was fond of shortbread and a glass of wine just like my Dad :wink:

For my children… Santa doesn’t come to our house, that’s what parents are for. He does come regularly to my workplace’s Children’s Christmas Party however and, carelessly, after wrapping my kids’ presents, leaves the rest of the roll of paper on my desk.

Oh. No. We leave him Cookies and Milk. As my father is Diabetic.

So then I secretly Eat them but you always have to leave traces so the other sibling can see Santa had some. You should do that instead. WAY more fun.

High impact gifts (like slot cars, dollhouses, bicycles, much longed for games, and the like) are set up and ready to use – both from Santa and from Sint Nicolaas. The other gifts are wrapped and placed around the, er, staging area, with gifts for one child on one side and for the other on the other side. Oddly, neither Santa nor the Goedeheiligman labels the gifts with the name of the recipient. Nevertheless they always figure it out.

Stocking or shoe gifts are not normally wrapped but it has been known to happen…

There hasn’t been anyone in the family young enough to believe in Santa for 10 years, but when we were kids my parents wrapped Santa’s presents. My parents were always diligent about keeping Santa’s wrapping paper separate from their own wrapping paper.

I discovered the truth about Santa at age 8 when after Christmas I found a half used package of those decorative"To: Me From: Santa" labels in my parent’s bedroom. I knew the style had been on the presents from Santa and not my parents.

I don`t think they were ever wrapped. Maybe if it was originally intended to be a small present and later determined that it was more appropriate stuffed in a stocking.

Almost all our stocking stuffers have been trivially inexpensive. :frowning: What has Santa been leaving everyone else in their stockings?

This. For me growing up, and for my own kids when they were growing up.

One year the animatronic reindeer at the mall told me that they were running a special program that Christmas where Santa’s 8 reindeer were asking kids to leave 8 ziplock baggies full of cereal for Santa. The reindeer were going to take the cereal and drop it over the forest so their non-magical cousins could enjoy the treats.

I don’t know whether my parents forgot about it after 3 weeks or were just hoping I would forget the details, but I was quite obstinant that we help the reindeer on Christmas Eve. I’ve always wondered what asshole made the animatronic deer say something so annoying for parents.

Wow, that is annoying. On the other hand, I have it on good authority that if you scatter a few handfuls of granola and dried cranberries on the front lawn, the reindeer appreciate the snack.

Though the squirrels seem a little fatter, too.

Yes, Santa gifts were wrapped, unless it was a bike or something too big and bulky.

Stocking gifts were also wrapped, as we were allowed to open stockings before Mom and Dad got up, and the extra time it bought was useful.

**1) Are the presents under the tree from Santa Claus wrapped?
** No. That’s how you know it’s from Santa, because Mom wraps everything she and Dad buy. At our house, Santa brings the 1 most expensive item on your wishlist, which is usually big and bulky (like this year, The Boy is getting a go-cart) – and difficult to wrap.
**2) Are stocking stuffers wrapped? (Excluding trivially inexpensive items, of course)
**No. Stocking stuffers are bought throughout the year, so mostly you know what’s going to be in there. The few things that are surprises (like last year, I got instant snow) only find their way into the stocking overnight, because Santa thinks Mom didn’t put enough in there :smiley:

For years my kids never suspected a thing, despite our similarly half-hearted measures at being sneaky. I still can’t believe they thought Santa was eating those cookies and not Daddy.

1. Yes. Wrapped presents from Santa would appear under the tree overnight. This is the first year that the youngest doesn’t believe in Santa, and to be honest, I’m thrilled to be getting credit for the presents. We’re putting them under the tree early this year, and the youngest is annoyed that they still say “From Santa.”

2. No

Yes. Always wrapped unless unwrappable, like a bike.

No. I never had stocking stuffers growing up, but my husband did and now I do by extension. Those aren’t wrapped unless they’re for pets. Keeps the cats out of them for at least a little while.

Yes, Santa wraps presents. In his own paper and has his own handwriting.

Last year, my son got a gift from the cat, crudely wrapped in wrapping paper scraps, coupons, junk mail fliers and newspaper. With lots of masking tape holding it together.

Yes and yes.

Santa’s wrapped gifts are identified with gift tags from Santa. Santa brings wrapped gifts for pets, too.

My parents are big into wrapping gifts in general. Mostly my mom, but my Dad as well – even the big gifts. One year, I got a playhouse, and Dad wrapped it by securing two rolls of wrapping paper and a drop cloth around it with industrial strength packing tape.

Santa never wrapped, just laid everything out on the couch for us to find in the morning. When, ahem, Santa stopped giving us presents, my parents wrapped everything. And we never had stockings or things with which to stuff them. (On reflection, I suspect what others got for stocking stuffers was what we got for Chanukah instead, as it was always little stuff. The big stuff came on Christmas.)

In our house, when we had kids at home, most of the Santa presents were wrapped, except for one or two “big” items for each child.

Many times, the last items we “found” under the tree were envelopes for each child from Santa with the first clue for a treasure hunt. Often times, the last clue led the children to their own beds, where the gift was found, which (at least in the early years) caused them much bewilderment and confoundment to try to figure out how that toy had been in their bed and they hadn’t noticed it.

Bolding mine. That is the single most hilarious thing I have seen this month! I believe our pets shall get together this year and do this for the kids!

Yes, and Yes. Santa’s writing is eerily similar to my mother’s. So are the cats’, for that matter.

Growing up Santa never, ever wrapped presents. Oddly, when I got married Santa started wrapping every single present, even the ones he stuck into a stocking.