Does "Santa Claus" wrap presents?

That is awesome.

We get gifts from the corgis, and there is much hair involved.

All Christmas presents are wrapped. Under the tree and in the stockings though the stockings are often light as we also do Chanukah gifts. The small Chanukah gifts are usually wrapped but the Gelt* of chocolate or real kind is not.

My wife is Jewish and I was Roman Catholic so we have a Christmas Tree and Menorah every season and many of the appropriate trimmings from both.

Jim

• For Chanukah it is traditional to give chocolate coins or real coins some of the nights. The gifts are usually science oriented. That is not a Jewish tradition though, just one I started for my house.

Nope.

Only if you consider the stocking itself to be a wrapping.

At my parents’ house, each person gets their own wrapping paper for their presents. The ones from Santa (normally only 1 or 2 of the batch but usually the ones that weren’t on our lists) would be wrapped, still in that paper, but with different handwriting. :smiley:

Stocking stuffers were wrapped in our wrapping paper, except for candy, which was loose.

I have to find out where my parents got the individual wrapping paper. It was always the bestest paper.

1.a. When I was a kid, Santa presents were always wrapped, frequently in tin foil.

1.b. For my kids: Yes, Santa gifts were wrapped with tags on them. My kids used to always ask why there were wrapped presents from Santa under the tree before Christmas day. My explanation was that Santa didn’t have enough time, boxes, or wrapping paper to do all the gifts so I had to get boxes ready for him and he would put the presents in them on Christmas Eve. In my experience, if you believe in Santa, you believe he can put presents into already wrapped boxes.

2.a. We didn’t have stockings when I was a kid. Poor little stretch. :frowning:

2.b. For my kids: You betcha. My ex-MIL started the tradition and I carried it on for my kids. Mostly because we were poor and therefore they needed wrapped stocking stuffers to have enough gifts to open. Even as adults they still expect stockings full of wrapped gifts. This year my step-son will get fishing lures in his stocking, while my oldest daughter’s stocking will be full of interesting socks and stupid stuff from the dollar store. We still don’t fill stockings until late on Christmas Eve.

I have no idea how it worked when I was little. I was the youngest, so the Santa myth didn’t last long for me. Now:

1. Some years they are wrapped, and other years they are set up unwrapped, depending on how easily wrappable that are. If they are wrapped, they are all in one design of paper, and no other presents are in that paper (well, until the next year). I don’t know if we ever mixed it up in a single year. The kids’ presents would all be the same, but I could imagine Mom and Dad’s presents being wrapped even if the kids’s were unwrapped. They all had a distinctive To:/From: label, with fancy writing.

2. No, I don’t think stocking stuffer were ever wrapped.

Always wrapped presents under the tree, usually but not always in a different paper than the rest, but with handwritting suspiciously like my mom’s. Only one present is from Santa, the rest are from the parents and siblings. Stocking stuffers are never wrapped, and we can go through the stocking as soon as all three (four now, with my husband) kids are up (we are all in our late 20’s now, but we still do Christmas the same way we did when we were little!). Other than gifts dropped off from friends or people we won’t see until after Christmas, nothing goes under the tree or into stockings until Christmas Eve. That is the one night of the year that we all have a bedtime, and it cooincides pretty well with my parent’s bedtime! I think they help Santa place things under the tree :slight_smile:

For our kids, Santa wraps all the presents in their own paper, different from what mom and dad use for the rest of the stuff. No bows or ribbons, though. They all show up under the tree on Christmas Eve while the kiddies are sleeping. I believe that Santa spends a few nights watching movies on cable and wrapping them the week or two before.

The stocking stuffers are unwrapped, and the kids can get to those as soon as they want, giving mom and dad a few minutes to shuffle around and wake up.

Our Santa uses printed labels - and it seems like this year, they’ll be in color. I’m sure it is only a coincidence that I got a color printer this summer :slight_smile:

1. Not just no, but HELL no. Santa doesn’t have time for that!
  2. The stocking IS the wrapping. That’s the whole point of the stocking.
  1. Everything is wrapped. You have to read the tag to know who got what. Santa brings most of the gifts.

2. Santa never wrapped stocking stuffers when I was little. For some reason after I got married the fat bastard started wrapping everything, no matter how small or how long it took.

Yes (regular presents) - separate paper from the “family” gifts.

No (stocking stuffers) - there’s usually an assotment of small things, the elves don’t have the time to deal with those. Also the kids are allowed to get into their stockings before Mom and Dad get up, but they may not touch anything under the tree before everyone’s there.

Gifts from Santa were wrapped, in different paper and with different handwriting.

Gifts in the stockings were wrapped also.

Santa always wrapped everything he gave us, with a “From Santa” tag on it. These gifts showed up under the tree overnight on Christmas Eve, they were never there beforehand. Santa often used different wrapping paper than my parents did, and he would usually leave a small thank-you note on the cookie plate before he got back on his way.

Trivially inexpensive items in stockings were often but not always wrapped as well. I definitely remember getting gift-wrapped Pez dispensers many years in a row…but some items, such as random candy in the stockings, were not wrapped.

Nowadays my brother and I will occasionally write “From Santa” on gifts to each other or to our mom, just to be strange. I don’t think she ever gives us gifts from Santa, on the other hand, and has generally reached the point where she would be happy to give us everything December 24 and just sleep in on her day off.

I’m surprised by how many people expect unwrapped gifts from Santa…and how much sense that actually makes. But it does seem like it would take a little bit of anticipation out of the process.

Innnnnnteresting. Way more people get wrapped Santa presents than I thought. Here’s what I have so far, roughly:

Under tree
Wrapped – 33 (72%)
Not wrapped – 13 (28%)

In stocking
Wrapped – 17 (40%)
Not wrapped – 26 (60%)

Not counting some nebulous answers.

In conclusion, I feel I can tell my girlfriend that her way is weird, and my way is awesome, and I’m not wrapping stocking stuffers. :stuck_out_tongue:

The elves wrapped the presents. Be sure you don’t use the same paper on Santa presents as parent presents. Kids notice.

Santa does not wrap. He drinks the milk, eats the cookies, and leave the presents to the little ones.

Stockings are filled, but not with anything wrapped. Adults get them too, but tend to have airplane bottles of booze instead of a candy cane.

Santa wrapped games and some smaller toys. He assembled bicycles and lionel trains etc.

Stocking stuffers were also wrapped.

It depends on Santa’s mood, but usually he doesn’t wrap them. If he does a smart little five year old boy always wonders why Santa has the same wrapping paper as mom and dad!

Nothing in the stocking is wrapped.

For years, I thought my family’s way of doing things was how everyone did it, for the most part. Of course, my brother and I do not share a father, so Christmas Day was not all in one house for us. Mom wraps, mostly clothes, shoes and the box of underwear and socks (very important, but not so much fun to show to the extended family who might be present). These gifts were all opened on Christmas Eve night after going to my great-grandmother’s for Christmas Eve dinner. Christmas morning, we woke up to a good number of unwrapped presents - tapes (and later, CDs), books, new watches, maybe a baseball glove for my brother and a brand name purse for myself. Sometimes bigger gifts like stereos or bikes. Usually we would have a small pile of gifts to “share” as well, maybe some board games or a Nintendo. (Whee, pretty easy to guess what generation I fall into) My mom always tried very hard to spend the same approximate amount of money on each of us. Santa does NOT wrap, ever. Stockings were filled by Santa during the night also and that might be candy, small earrings, or lip gloss. My dad’s wife would wrap some Santa gifts and seldom leave anything unwrapped other than my stocking stuffers, as I didn’t wake up at their house. My dad would pick me up around noon. Santa usually only left one or two gifts for me at Daddy’s house though. I think my stepmom knew that Santa was my mom’s “thing” and didn’t want to intrude on that.