Does "Santa Claus" wrap presents?

Santa is a busy man, and he has no extra time to be wrapping shit. Especially big, awkwardly shaped stuff that doesn’t have a box.

We always had one fairly big something each from Santa, and maybe one or two smaller things, and the stockings. None of it was wrapped.

To this day, if my parents have gotten me something that’s a pain in the arse to wrap, it’ll be unwrapped under the tree and they’ll claim Santa left it. When I was a teenager, if they still had stuff to wrap on Christmas Eve, Dad would ask if I wanted my things wrapped or left by the fat man in the red suit.

I am just really glad to know that I am not the only 20-something who still gets presents from Santa… the “big” present every year is still from Santa.

Santa’s presents are always wrapped (like a lot of others- with different paper than the rest, and with handwriting that looks just like Mom’s but slanting the other way).

Stuff in the stocking was never wrapped.

Wait, what? You never told us what you or your girlfriend each did.

Actually (speaking of weird) the thing my wife and I clashed over more was when the presents went under the tree. Her Mom wrapped them and kept them all hidden until Christmas Eve after they went to bed.:confused: In my family, we wrapped them and put them under the tree as we went, so this mound would grow under the tree as Christmas neared. :cool:

…oh, yeah. Guess I could count my own vote!

For me as a kid, “high-impact” (as Marienee so aptly put it) items were fully assembled and unwrapped, even if they were wrappable. Lots of other things under the tree were wrapped from Santa, with the gift tags written in my mother’s very distinct handwriting. Stocking stuffers were never wrapped. I had never even heard of wrapping stocking stuffers until my gf told me she was wrapping mine before our first stocking-exchange. Why would you wrap something that’s already inside a stocking? The stocking IS the wrapper!

The gf had EVERYTHING wrapped. Big presents, little presents, stocking stuffers (excluding candy/edibles), everything. She says the only thing she can remember being otherwise was a bike.

I like my way. When you walk into the room and just SEE the thing you’ve been DYING to have… that feeling is indescribable. Also, I don’t want to unwrap things I’ve already bothered to pull out of my stocking. If you want to wrap it, it might as well go under the tree, y’know?

Weirrrrrrrrd. We did it your family’s way. Your wife’s way would make me sad. :frowning:

That is how I found out that it’s Santa who really is “the helper”. After that I was allowed to help wrap my sisters’ gifts - I felt really grown-up.

Santa gifts wrapped.
Stocking stuff not wrapped.

Santa doesn’t wrap presents ever, that would be one big pain in the @ss. Only family wraps presents.

You make Santa sound like a fat lazy old man. Oh wait. He is.

But…but…the tree would be all naked at the bottom. Poor naked tree.

When I was little, “Santa” wrapped presents, but he “borrowed” Mom’s wrapping paper when he came to the house. He also used To/From stickers with Santa on them and never filled out the “From” box. Presents from anyone else had the “From” filled out and used different stickers. Sometimes things were wrapped in stockings and sometimes not. If there was something large, it was generally wrapped. I was allowed to open my stocking while Mom and Dad were shuffling around getting coffee.

I like Sateryn76’s idea about special Santa paper and no ribbons. I’ll have to take notes for when I have kids.

[Groucho]Hey, I resemble that remark.[/Groucho]