Does smoking make you smarter?

Considering how stupid you have to be to start smoking in the first place, perhaps those who choose to smoke should consider as large a dosage as possible. Some may need all the help they can get.

No, cigs don’t help with memory or anything whatsoever. The only thing it might be good for is inducing a bowel movement. Sure, if you haven’t had a cig in awhile, it may give you a little boost or buzz, but continued cig smoking just destroys your nerves and takes away. They do absolutely nothing…it is all an illusion. All you are doing with continued smoking is scratching an itch that is created by every proceeding cig. Eventually, they just wear you down and make you lethargic. They actually make you less sharp, thus dulling the memory.

Yes. When you smoke, and someone sees you,. they may educate you about both the danger to your health and the pathological insensitivity you have to your socialization. Hence, you become smarter.

If zombies smoke, do they remember who they were?

What on earth are you talking about?

You revived a very old thread-a “zombie”. Board joke.

Thread is over 13 years old. Most original participants long gone. Responding to old threads inevitably brings up zombie comments here.

Your a jackass, for various reasons

Gee, thanks. You will fit right in here! :dubious: :rolleyes:

(And it’s you’re, not your.)

Just out of curiosity, how does a person find an eleven-year-old thread on a message board they have never visted? And what compelled you to answer people who are no interested in that discussion?

Yeah because grammar is what you are good at, and besides, I was using a phone that tried to autocorrect you moron

Googling the OP (does smoking make you smarter) brings this thread up on the first page. SDMB has strong google-fu. Why so many people land here (briefly) upon joining up, then answering an ancient thread, I have no clue.

Since this has been resurrected, I will link this article from Discover Magazine from earlier this year:
If dozens of human and animal studies published over the past six years are borne out by large clinical trials, nicotine — freed at last of its noxious host, tobacco, and delivered instead by chewing gum or transdermal patch — may prove to be a weirdly, improbably effective drug for relieving or preventing a variety of neurological disorders, including Parkinson’s disease, mild cognitive impairment (MCI), Tourette’s and schizophrenia. It might even improve attention and focus enough to qualify as a cognitive enhancer. And, oh yeah, it’s long been associated with weight loss, with few known safety risks. (Although, in truth, few safety studies of the increasingly popular e-cigarettes have yet been published.)

More:Nicotine, the Wonder Drug?

Calm down, relax. Here, have a cigarette.

Moderator Warning

StepHard, insults are not permitted in most forums on this board. This is an official warning. Do not do this again.

I would suggest you familiarize yourself with our rules before continuing to post here.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

By googling. That’s how I found SD in the first place, myself.

Next question: How else would one find SD?

**Does smoking make you smarter? **

No, but beer does.

It made Bud wiser. SLAP Ow! (runs away.)

In my case it was a link from another board (Snopes). Some people have reported finding it because of Cecil’s newspaper column, some from reading his books, etc.

I was looking for a book called “How To Stimulate a Wiser Teen in Today’s Culture”, and a typo brought me here.

Not to encourage people to smoke but smoking made me more creative and more focussed.

I don’t smoke anymore.