Does transcription or translation of fatty acid synthase increase after losing weight

People have trouble keeping weight off after a weight loss attempt because metabolism and endocrine hormones change to compel people to gain the weight back. CCK drops, leptin drops, PYY drops, T3 drops, ghrelin increases, etc. (I believe that info is accurate). The end result is that appetite increases and metabolism decreases, resulting in regaining of lost weight.

What about the protein fatty acid synthase? That is an integral component of building body fat. After a person loses weight, does the body transcribe and translate the genetic information to create more of this protein to increase the rate at which a body can rebuild bodyfat?

Phil Staples was in the movie fat, sick and nearly dead. He lost about 200 pounds and he kept it off for 3 years, then he fell into a deep depression due to a failed relationship and gained back 200 pounds in under a year.

Gaining that level of bodyfat (4 pounds of fat a week) sounds like something most people’s bodies couldn’t accomplish. But I have no idea how fast the enzyme works to be able to build 14,000 calories of bodyfat a week.

Haven’t seen the movie, but he wouldn’t have had to synthesize all that fat from scratch (well, from acetylCoA) unless he kept a fat-free diet.
Eating 300g of fat per day might seem a bit gross, but I’m not sure it’s totally unheard of.

I thought fatty acid synthase was an integral step in the synthesis of bodyfat. There was some research in the past into inhibitors like C75 to treat obesity, but nothing ever came of it.

Seeing how the human body is designed to survive famines, and seeing how we are evolved to regain weight after we lose it, I would assume that the body produces more FAS protein after a weight loss effort, but that is just speculation.