Does wearing a beard become sexy at a certain age?

I can’t believe that I’m the first to mention this, but beards negate the possibility of delicate skin getting irritated from 5 o’clock shadow burn… on the face, of course.

I’ve never seen my husband with a beard, and because of his job he can’t have one on a regular basis, but I think I’d prefer it to the second- or third- day’s growth. Depending on one’s activities, short whisker growth can be pretty uncomfortable!

Oh, and beards look good on the right person. Like any other fashion choice. I really kind of hate goatees, though, just because of a couple of acquaintances/ex-husbands who have worn them…

But… But. I have a lush soft beard from training and multiple growths. My Beard is no worse than a Fox Hair Fuller brush.

A friend of a friend says that beards are acceptable for men under 25 thanks to the hipsters. Apparently beards and flannel are somehow the cutting edge of cool. I have to tell an old buddy of mine that he and his fellow trailer park buddies have finally made it.

My beard has always been incredibly attractive to the females around me, including all my dogs who found it irresistable, possibly because of the sub-micron food scent particles embedded in it.

Fashions come and go, my beard remains in glorious full growth as it’s been since the age of 18 or so.

The line starts over here, ladies.

Ah yes, and no. Here’s what’s hot about beards: It makes you look like a manly man. The kind of guy who doesn’t use conditioner in his hair, and can’t be bothered to shave everyday. The kind of guy who eats his steak rare, and drinks his whiskey neat. A man’s man.

Now when you see the carefully crafted hipster beard, it does not say to me “I am all man.” It says “I’m a giant douchebag, intentionally scruffy, but have erased all traces of the masculinity I’m attempting to portray by wearing skintight girl pants.”

I’m the wrong sex to be giving a full evaluation, but my impression is that beards can also help guys with a full face (OK, fat guys), by covering jowls, double chins and other facial flab and adding a bit of coolness that would not otherwise be there.

ISTR Michael Moore appearing a few years ago on some show suddenly looking very clean-shaven and respectable (a suit, no less)…and absolutely awful.

Not that he necessarily looked great before, but the clean-cut look definitely did not become him.

Haa. I have a guy friend who calls them Apple Bottom jeans, which of course is a jean brand for girls.

I love beards very much, but I don’t like them overly groomed. I don’t like this. I do like this. As a matter of fact, that last pic is a perfect speciman in every way, right down to the expression on his face. And I don’t care how cool a man’s beard is, if he’s got on Apple Bottom jeans, it’s a no go.

I love facial hair when it suits the man. Some guys need some help defining their chin and jaw line and a beard does this quite nicely.

Case in point.

:smiley:

This is why I have a beard! Actually when I got engaged to my wife, I had a goatee, and she gave me an ultimatum: full beard or clean shaven, nothing in between. I hate shaving every day so I grew the beard before our wedding and have had it ever since.

It totally depends on the face. Without a beard, my SO looks like a baby-faced 20year old. A beard ages him in a good way, and give his face a stronger shape.
Think Richard Karn from Tool Time, or Billy Mays. Similar face shape and receding hair.

That, and once it’s grown out, his beard is soft and very sexy. Only 5 more months until Beard Season starts again.

Wow, it’s like you know me.

Wow, it’s like you know 3/4 of my fraternity brothers from back in the day.

Good on you for not insisting that he remove it, glad that it worked out. As far as kissing, some people prefer it otherwise. I was encouraged to grow it out, and anyway I have fast-growing hair that quickly becomes sandpaper.
Necessary link: the Trustworthiness of Beards. Take your pick for the image you’re trying to convey.

I’m 29 and can’t grow a beard (or mustache) that even a 15-year-old would be proud of.

:frowning:

My wife is fine with my full beard.

All other females in both families hate it.

Wife approval = Win!

Walt