Dog Bleeding From Vagina - Need Answer Fast

Of course go to your vet ASAP- but if it’s frank blood coming out, and I was a betting girl- I’d say your bichon might have a bladder stone. For some reason Bichon’s love to have those!

Hoping for an update.

Still looking for an update…

Fuck an update. The OP is obviously an irresponsible dog owner. If you caqn’t afford to or aren’t smart enough to care for/ love a dog, don’t have one. I’m guessing an update would just anger me further. (oh, I mean no disrespect to you for asking, Poysyn) =)

Thanks for adding that! :slight_smile:

Bump.

How’s the pup?

Somebody screwed the pooch on this one.

I note that Leaffan has not been online since he posted #7 on 12-11, so let’s not give him crap or talk about what an "irresponsible dog owner’ he is until he gets back and tells us what happened, OK?

Talk about jumping to conclusions!

It’s a miracle, call in the Pope!

Pope: “that’s no miracle, chicks bleed out their vaginas all the time!”

[Moderator note]

Personal attacks like this are out of place in GQ. If you want to criticize another poster, do so in the Pit, not here.

Colibri
General Questions Moderator

Well said, Euphonious Polemic.

Sounds like your dog is in “heat”.

this explains the poop and blood coming from anus how?

I agree, but now his last activity is listed as today @ 11:44 AM.

I hope everything turned out alright. Poor pup. :frowning:

Go back and read the thread title…OP never mentions the dog bleeding from the anus…several follow-on posters that apparently can’t read did though.

Read the whole note, and the follow up.

The OP mentions that he came to a home full of poop and blood. He does not specifically mention he saw the dog with blood coming from the vagina. He could have written that in the thread title because that is where he/she thought the origin of the bleeding was…

Not to mention that, for a seven year old dog… You’d think the owner (if the dog is intact, which again, we do not know) would know when the dog is in heat, and tell “normal heat” from “something’s wrong”. BTW, normal heat in dogs does not involve “blood and poop all around the house”.

It is not always easy for even veterinarians and others who work and interact daily with dogs to tell from a quick look which of the back orifices is the one bleeding (anus, vagina, bladder). If it is not easy for them (or I), I won’t assume it is any easier on others.

Considering there are only two posts by the OP and the title says “Bleeding from vagina”. I’m not the one making the leap that it was bleeding from the anus. Since everyone else is adding assumed information to the posts…I could easily assume that Leaffan recently acquired the 7 year old dog and is not aware that when bitches go into heat they bleed.

Too bad Leaffan hasn’t posted a follow-up

First, there may be blood, but again, not the “came home and it made a poop and blood mess”. Not usually… not what I would expect as a “normal” from a 7 year old small dog. And being just “in heat” does not equal “made a poop mess in the house”.

Read the second note. “At some point today, she had an episode”… I interpreted it that he/she didn’t actually see the blood coming out, just assumed it had come from there.

I do agree with you on the last sentence.

Depends on the time of the month.

He is online right as I type this.

Leaffan, update?