Dog frenched the Baby - should I worry?

I once saw a video called “Self Service”. Allegedly the man had two ribs removed on each side so he could do that.

“Dog Frenched The Baby” - Band Name!
:slight_smile:

Hey, this is the internet. I’ve learned long ago not to make absolute statements on the nonexistence of disturbing practices, for fear of being proved disturbingly wrong. :slight_smile:
Anyway, thanks for the reassurance, everyone. Glad to see it’s another case of “parent-noia” and nothing to worry about. (For the record, baby and dog are still doing fine… and their illicit love has not made a repeat appearance as yet).

Thanks again!

I thought the title of this thread was, “Dog fetched the Baby”. Had it been, I would say you have the answer to all parent’s prayers there.

“Dog felched the baby”, on the other hand… :eek:

If dogs mouths truly are cleaner than humans, then it’s likely because they do things like eat feces or carrion and lick their own genitalia. They have a strong, evolutionary need to be able to survive that. Obviously, dogs with the most antiseptic saliva would survive best. Indeed, if their mouths weren’t fairly clean, they wouldn’t get much from using their tongues to clean themselves.

We humans, on the other hand, are much fussier about what we put in our mouths. Especially since the advent of fire, our need for a good antibacterial in our mouths has gone down.

So, while I’m not certain it’s true, I can certainly see that it’s possible for dogs to have cleaner mouths.

Not to bring the mood down, but as far as dogs are concerned, sometimes a little licking can be the least of a parent’s worries. Helloooo psychiatric counseling.

Now get the bad taste out of your mouth with these adorable videos starring tongue-wagging puppies.