Donald Trump Declassifies all Documents Related to Russia/Collusion and Hillary Emails

Foxnews showed that he lied about it, but you appear not to be concerned with that. How can you seriously sit there and claim that WITHOUT REDACTIONS is true when the document has more black bars than unredacted text?

It doesn’t matter if anyone checks, as you’ve demonstrated there are people who will accept Trump’s claims rather than look at the scanned document in their own cite about the issue.

:joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

Seriously. Have you not been paying attention? He’s been lying publicly about easily verifiable things since inauguration day.

It’s hard to believe that you weren’t aware of this. He probably lies publicly about something easily verifiable every day, if not multiple times per day.

Because that’s the stuff that was released BEFORE Trump did this. In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if that heavily redacted release wasn’t the trigger for Trump to say NO REDACTIONS in his order. It’s an old trick to foil IGs, FOIA requests, etc to ‘release’ the document, but so heavily redacted that nothing can be gleaned from it.

Trump’s tweet about the order to release everything came out just a few hours ago.

He’s been lying constantly forever, even on stuff that’s easy to check. If that pile of dung doesn’t smell to you there’s a significant chance you have COVID.

After Trump publicly asked Putin for help and praised Putin on multiple occasions, I “predicted” that Hillary Clinton would then criticize him for this. And what a coincidence – she did! I must have had some amazing insight into her secret plans to collude with Russia!

Ah, the old, "reading for gotchas’, rather than ‘reading for understanding.’

Once again, with feeling:

[quote]
This follows a number of releases of some newly-declassified documents

[quote]

‘This follows’, in English, means that his order to declassify all without redaction came AFTER. Otherwise, I would have said, "This precedes’.

I then linked to a couple of PREVIOUS declassifications which WERE heavily redacted. It was those, and Brennan’s claim that the documents didn’t actually say what they did if you saw the redactions, that may in my opinion have sparked Trump to issue this new order this morning.

Is this some sort of sarcastic joke? He lies publicly so damn often that calling him out on it is totally useless because before that lie can be examined he lies about some other topic to draw attention away from the previous lie. The fact that you believe his lies after seeing the obviously redacted “unredacted” paperwork is simply astonishing.

Right?! I’m about to lose my god damn mind.

Holy shit.

If the unredacted documents have yet to be released, how can anyone outside the government know what they say?

Pointing out that the documents you cited from a source that is heavily biased towards Trump themselves contradict the NO REDACTIONS claim is not “reading for gotchas”, it’s pointing out the obvious. When I said “it looks like…” I was referring to literally looking at what you cited.

Trump tweets absolute crap almost every day, so why do you believe this crap?

I guess we’ll know who is paying attention soon enough. If all the documents are in fact declassified without redaction (or it’s clear that he tried to and the bureaus resisted), will you come back here and issue a mea culpa, since you’re so sure?

I myself have been couching all this in unknowns. “IF true”, “I don’t trust either side”, “I’d like to hear alternate ideas”. “My guess”, etc. The responses I’ve gotten have been either completely wrong based on misreading what I said or pure speculation, but presented as obvious fact, or denials that what he plainly said he did was what he actually did.

So if evidence is available that he actually DID order the complete declassification of it all without redaction, will you come back and say you were wrong?

You yourself titled the thread “Donald Trump Declassifies all Documents Related to Russia/Collusion and Hillary Emails”.

Declassified 6 October 2020.

Declassification tweeted 8:41 PM 6 October 2020.

“Trump wouldn’t lie about something publicly” has got to be one of the most naïve comments ever made on this board.

Doesn’t matter if they resist. As POTUS, he can declassify whatever he wants.

In 1,267 days, President Trump has

made 20,055 false or misleading claims

The Fact Checker’s ongoing database of the false or misleading claims made by President Trump since assuming office.

According to the release, she wasn’t accused of ‘criticising’ him - she was accused of trying to frame him of a crime "to stir up a scandal against U.S. Presidential candidate Donald Trump by tying him to Putin and the Russians’ hacking of the Democratic National Committee.”

Note the timeline. The briefing was in June of 2016. The first public hint of the Steele Dossier didn’t come out until the end of September, and Steele had just started on his Dossier at that time.

So… You get some intel that Russians know that Hillary is trying to manufacture dirt on Trump in June. In September, you find out that there’s some unsourced document floating around that makes just such allegations, and when you trace the document it goes through a cutout law firm and back to Hillary Clinton.

Then you go to a FISA court, and ‘forget’ all of that and don’t tell the court about the earlier suspicions, that Steele’s ‘source’ may have been Russian intelligence, and that the information was financed by the target’s political rival. ‘By accident’.

Also, the DNI repeated multiple times that it was not ‘disinformation’ from Russians, but CIA agent intel that discovered the Hillary connection. I don’t quite know what that means yet or how it excludes planted information, but that’s the claim from the DNI.

But I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Either Trump is lying about declassifying everything, or it will get declassified and it will turn out that Trump was buying into right-wing conspiracy theories and there’s nothing there, or everything that comes out will rock the political world.

I guess we’ll find out soon enough.

Trump also tweeted "“Vote TRUMP California. No more blackouts, shutdowns, ridiculous forrest fires, or water “rationing” (coming soon). We can win in California NOW!”. Do you believe him?