Dondra In The Hospital: Stroke [Back at home now]

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers, through all the days ahead, whatever they may hold.

I’m sorry. Hoping for some good news and a fast recovery.

Oh my God, Bill, that’s awful. Sending my love and prayers to both you and Dondra. We’re all here for you.

You’re both in my prayers. Please let the Dope know if we can do anything.

StG

I hope things go well. I’ll be thinking of you both and hoping for a full recovery.

Fingers and toes crossed. The waiting is the hardest, I know.

Pleasant thoughts and supplications sent your way…

Stay Strong!

Quasi, you and Dondra are both in my thoughts. Hoping for a speedy recovery!

I am wishing you and Dondra the best of all possible outcomes.

All the best.

I’ll be thinking of you both, Bill.

I’m so sorry. Sending good thoughts your way.

Sending positive thoughts your way.

Wishing you both all the best. Update us when you can.

Dear Everyone

Here’s an update: We had to call 911 because she was having seizures which was very scary for me and everything I was trained to do, just flew out the window - I panicked in other words. Rescue (firetruck) came followed shortly by the ambulance.

Not a stroke, but her neurologist says this is one more complication from the bariatric surgery she had in 2005. The MRI did show “something” (can’t remember that he said, guess we should have taped him), but that it is completely reversible and it’s not epilepsy. He’s keeping her and loading her up with vitamins and will keep her on Dilantin from here on out. He’s going to continue her MRI’s until she doesn’t have whatever that is anymore.

Here’s something interesting we only found about Sunday morning when the EMT’s arrived: Our house isn’t laid out to where the stretcher could make any right angle turns, so while she was getting over a seizure, they had to pick her up and WALK her to the stretcher in our hallway. Somehow, during all of that, she twisted her knee and now can’t put any weight on it.

The intersting thing about these seizures is she knows when they’re coming and is aware of them while they’re happening. In her words, “I felt like I was dying, Bill!”, and that just broke my heart, because I never want her to suffer ANYTHING that would make that happen.

Other tests, CT and EEG were negative, so that’s good. So we’re there for the duration. My son Jason is with her today/tonight, and my daughter in law is taking me over there this evening for a short visit before she has to go to work.

She has recovered enough to speak on the phone so if anyone wants to talk to her, our son has the mobile and that number is . If you’re thinking she needs her rest, that’s fine, but she IS able to talk even though she’s still a bit postictal (sp?), and we need her talking just as a kind of “neuro check”. If you can’t get through on the cell. call to get straight to her room.

So call if you wish and thanks for all these good wishes, thoughts and prayers. We sure have been through the ringer of late, but you’ve ALWAYS been there for us and we both love you all very
much!

Bill and Dondra

So glad to hear that things went about as well as one can hope these things to go.

You two take care!

That above “straight-through” number is [name of facility removed]
B~

Glad to hear that it wasn’t as bad as it seemed at first. Here’s hoping she sees continuing improvement.

That is better news! Still pretty scary stuff, but better than a stroke in my non-medical opinion. Hang in there Bill, you’re doing much better than you think you are.

Quasi, posting those phone numbers on a public message board seems like an extremely bad idea to me, so I removed them. I suggest that people who want to call her PM you for the number(s).

twickster, MPSIMS moderator