Dondra In The Hospital: Stroke [Back at home now]

Sorry, twicks. Wasn’t thinking too clearly. :frowning:

Q

No problem – I know you’re upset.

My best to both of you!

Glad it doesn’t seem too serious right now, Quasi, but I am so sorry you both had to go through that. That is soooooo damn scary; here’s hopiing the Dilantin helps with the seizures, and I am so glad you have each other. Hope **Dondra’**s home and grumpy at having to be off her knee soonest. :slight_smile:

Perhaps if Quasi were to have a designated 3rd party to handle his phone # pm’s he would be able to concentrate on Dondra.

Glad to hear that there is action to be taken and it’s not the “S” word.

I’m so glad that it wasn’t anything more serious.
I’m still sending my best to both of you.

Sending good thoughts from the whole U2 clan!

Quasi,
Glad to hear that the docs got a bead on this. Hope you both weather it well and get back to daily life.

Bubba

Glad it wasn’t as serious as you first thought, Quasi…but I still hope everything turns out ok and they get Dondra back to health, or the cause under control.

Thoughts and prayers for her as well as you.

Glad to hear it’s something treatable. **The artist formerly known as Mr Janis **had seizures, So although I’m certainly no expert, I can surely empathize. Call me if ya need to. Love ya’ll!

So glad to hear it wasn’t a stroke and that it’s better than at first suspected. Here’s hoping she’s better and home soon!

It’s scary enough as it is, but I’m so glad it wasn’t the other! I’ll just add my best wishes to the heap of them here.

My first reaction on reading the thread topic was “Aw, shit!” I’m so glad that the recent news sounds a lot more positive. Sending good thoughts your and Dondra’s way!

Glad she’s doing better that first thought, and sending wishes for continued recovery.

Still doing the prayin thing but soooo glad it wasnt a stroke. I hope everything settles down quickly including the knee.

Very best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Here’s hoping she continues to get better very quickly.

Just back from the hospital and we have a new “wrinkle” in the situation: her cardiac enzymes are elevated, which now raises concerns regarding her cardiac picture. They’re planning a cardiac cath tomorrow to check for any blockage, clots, etc. This also brings into question could she have had a mild heart attack, so we appreciate your continued good wishes for a successful out come of the cath.

I just wish y’all could meet Dondra in person. She just takes everything in stride, and is completely okay with knowing her health isn’t the best. She’s okay with her Lord, has been saved (before we got remarried) and still smiles at everyone and perseveres. Several times I’ve had to “go to the bathroom” to get my emotions under control just looking at her and holding her hand. Several times too, I’ve had to give myself an “attitude adjustment” just to make sure I wasn’t in a “this is about ME” mode.

It’s good I have my son and daughter in law with me/us, because I do get a lot of my strength from them.

Thanks

Bill

Wanted to add that we’ll be spending D’s 64th birthday (on the 11th) in the hospital, so we’ll have a small party there and I’m trying to work up an easy version of “When I’m 64” for her. I don’t always get it right, but she’d never tell me that - just applauds. :slight_smile:

Bill

My Mother had a cardiac catherer thing, however one spells it, and while it was distressing to see her tiny heart beating away, she was amused at the video and came out fine. Apparently though, it hurts like hell.
I know that you will be there.

I’m so relieved the initial problem seems treatable! Concerned about the heart though, and I’m still sending good thoughts your way.