Done your taxes yet?

I send mine in manually, so if I wait too long, I have a long wait in line at the post office. So I sent mine off this past week Wednesday. No wait. And it’s done. Yippee!

Took a few minutes today to fill out my 1040-EZ, but misplaced my state tax form; I’ll have to either find it or scrounge up another one. It looks like Uncle Sam owes me just under $50. Last year, IIRC, I owed, but so little (< $1?) I didn’t have to send it in.

Fighting with a company that rhymes with Fell Wargo.

I have the numbers over the phone, but I highly suspect that HR Block will want concrete evidence. :frowning: :mad:

a) Hate phones
b) GRRR.
c) I BURNING YOUR PHONE TREE

That’s the only thing stopping me from filling out the paperwork and dropping it all off at the nearest HR Block.

Call HR Block and ask. I think you sign a thing that says they’re relying on your numbers, so they might take your word on the number as long as you know what it is. But if you’re audited, you’ll have to have the proof by then.

Anyway, I’m not a tax person. I just thought it would be worth a shot to make the call.

I finally did mine. I did a quick calculation to see what the damage was going to be, owe $172. No sweat. Well, finally actually DID the form and I didn’t realize that I got the $5150 Standard Deduction and a $3300 Deduction for putting “1” in box 6d (man, I hope that’s right. I don’t recall getting 2 different deductions before). So I went to getting $322 back, or an audit.

Is box 6d the one that qualifies you as “Head of Household”? I think I had the same problem, and it wouldn’t let me claim HoH because I’m the only member of my household. Or something.

It’s the total number of boxes checked in all of the “6” area. 6a was “Yourself”, the only box I checked, 6d was the total, basically (in my case) the same as 6a since I didn’t have any other boxes checked to add to it.