Don't even try to tell us it's not plagiarized!

It’s an interesting issue.

If the seller of the paper is a student at University A, and the buyer is a student at University B, i wonder if University A’s academic dishonesty policy would apply? I don’t think i’ve ever seen an AD policy that dealt specifically with this type of situation.

If, on the other hand, both the seller and the buyer were students at University A, then it seems clear to me that both of them would (or should) be in the shit, even if the sale took place through an intermediary like a website.

Of course, even in the first case, i think the university could make a reasonable case for discipline, based on academic dishonesty. If you sell your paper to a term paper website, it’s pretty clear that it’s going to be used for the purposes of cheating. While arguing that you have no way of knowing what the buyer was going to do with it might be sufficient to convince a jury, university ethics committees are not constrained by the same evidence requirements as a court of law.

We actually have one member of the Dope who, if he/she is to be believed, actually supported him/herself through grad school by writing papers for undergraduates. Here’s the rather jawdropping rationalizations offered by this cheat:

So, this shitheap actually sold papers to undergrads at the same university; the university where, as a grad student, he/she was charged with overseeing undergraduates and ensuring that they conform to the requirements of the academic ethics policies.