Don't fucking cut and paste my messages into someone else's journal, Mr. Svinlesha.

Well, it seems like Mr. Svinlesha still needs Collounsbury to do his heavy lifting for him, because today he took one of my messages from this thread, and pasted it onto Collounsbury’s livejournal so that he could go on another very public rant at my expense.

He didn’t actually refute anything I said in that message, either. All he did was call me a lot of names and claim I was resorting to big number trickery or some such rot. All in all, a rather pathetic performance.

Oh, I forgot - there were two things he said was false:

and,

Not really.

Sorry I typed 3500 instead of 4500, but the essential fact remains, electricity production in Iraq is now higher than it was before the war.

And from the same source:

As for the pre-war levels, This Cite, which is an expanded version of the above press release, says,

This is the U.S. Government’s report. It is also one of the source documents I used for my message, and corroborates everything I said. It also lists a ton of other accomplishments I didn’t mention.

And Mr. Svinlesha, I think it was despicable of you to cut and paste my message on that journal, knowing that Collounsbury was going to take a big public dump on me over it. What, you don’t have the ability to debate me here, where I can respond?

I quit talking to Collounsbury because he is an obnoxious prick, and debating with him is like wading through a cesspool, but your scummy tactics force me to have to deal with his crap again, or leave his obnoxious comments unrefuted.

I’m at a bit of a loss here. I was ready to leave this place because of Collounsbury, but then he got banned. But now I’m forced to go to his crappy journal and wade through more of his garbage because people are pasting my messages there. This is unacceptable.

And by the way, wasn’t that a copyright violation? I do believe the Reader owns the content of this board. Better offer up an apology to them.

Don’t do it again.

Wow. That bites, chews, and swallows.

I’m actually on your side regarding the ethics of this one, Sam.

Alas, I haven’t been here long enough to see all of the stuff Collounsbury did, though I was around to see him get banned, but to be frank, I have to ask you: why the fuck do you care about what he has to say about you? Does what he say mean wound your pride so much you feel forced to go defend your name? Yes, this Mr Svinlesha deserves a big fuck you of the rectal blowtorch persuasion for what he did, but why let it get to you? Collounsbury is GONE, BANNED, FINITO, END OF LINE (was playing the Tron 2.0 demo today).

Do yourself a mega massive favor Sam, don’t sweat it and don’t feel forced to go over to his journal to defend yourself. To quote the book I just finished reading, “Whoever angers you, owns you.” Do you want Mr. Svinlesha and Collounsbury owning you for what they did? I doubt it.

So just say, “So and so said this, it’s bullshit, here’s the facts, here’s the cites, here’s more cites, fuck you so and so, may your ass choke on a hamster” and exit stage right.
Other than this SNAFU, how you doin Sammy? :slight_smile:

Sanscour

Doesn’t that violate some kind of board rule?

I once smelled rotten eggs and, until now, thought it was the worst stink possible.

From here:

“*All postings and other material on the SDMB are copyrighted by the Chicago Reader, Inc. (“the Reader”). Republication of material appearing on the SDMB without express written permission of the Reader is prohibited, except that users retain the right to republish their own work”. *

Looks like it.

well, good Heavens! Why didn’t you say so! An honest to goodness US Gov. verified report? Well, you just can’t do any better than that when it comes to the straight out unvarnished candor, now can you?

Elucidator, ElvisL1ives called. He was his modus operandi back. :smiley:

Didn’t call me. Called you.

To be fair, **elucidator **, I don’t think that is the issue here. Perhaps that issue may be better served in another thread?

The Reader can put up all the disclaimers and copyright notices it wants to or feels it needs to but they won’t trump fair use. Also, Mr. Svinlesha posted in another forum and I don’t believe the SDMB try to regulate off-board behaviour except with regard to copyright. There is clearly no legal or board protocol issue and I’m not sure there’s even an ethical case to answer. He did nothing wrong.

Couple of things:

a) Sam Stone assigned copyright to the Reader. The Reader may have cause for complaint about infringement. Sam Stone doesn’t.

b) Someone posted anonymously at Livejournal, and wrote “Mr S” at the bottom. That someone may be whom Sam Stone suspects it is. It also may not.

In the interest of fairness, Coll has called the poster **Mr. Svinlesha ** in his reply, so this one, (b) is a moot point, Desmostylus.

[Administrator Hat ON]

Mr. Svinlesha should not have reposted Sam’s comments without permission; though he did not post the entire post but an excerpt and might possibly squeak by with “fair use”, I also do not want banned posters “posting by proxy”, as would happen if Mr. Svinlesha were to post Coll’s comments here.

[Administrator Hat OFF]

Whether or not Mr. Svinlesha] did anything wrong, I do hope he comes here, apologizes for giving Sam offense, and promises not to do it again. Svinlesha is one of my favorite posters 'round these parts, and I trust he’ll act in an honorable fashion.

Daniel

OK, I didn’t see that bit, Aro. And I note that Gaudere has answered the (a) part of my post as well.

Sam, my friend? Coll likes hanging shit on you coz he knows you’re both kinda similar - he knows you’ve got a big enough ego to still wanna know what he (and the people who visit his LiveJournal) think about things - and in particular, what they think of you.

Moreover - they know that you tend to bite.

To prove my point… you did one thing right in your Opening Post, but you also did something which wasn’t necessary. Firstly, you pointed out - with entire justification - that it’s pushing the envelope to take your words in a post on this messageboard and to use them to trash you on another postboard.

However, in the interests of fairness - there’s a fair bit of “sticks and stone may break my bones” about this thread too - insofar as the thing which wasn’t necessary in your OP was that you proceeded to argue about the minutae of whatever it is which has been said elsewhere to hang shit on you. And why was that a foolsih thing to do? Well, in doing so - you confirmed that you still care about what they think. And it’s not until you can break through THAT particular barrier that you’ll be able to let the water slide off your back a bit better. You should have just let the first part of your OP stand and not said any further I reckon.

Now - please be aware - I like you Sam. You’re a good guy. You’ve got a good heart. That’s really obvious to see.

But you did start this thread - and in doing so - you’ve invited objective input. Hope I didn’t offend you there.

What I find interesting, is that for someone who claims to despise Collounsbury so much as Sam does, he would waste his time lurking in Coll’s Live Journal.

Guess the habit of having one’s argument destroyed dies hard :wink:

Sam seems to be the one who posted col’s excerpts here.

I already called Sam on several of the things that col pointed out*. Which I did before Mr.S.'s post ended up on the LJ.

*which some considerate and higly intelligent mod fixed for me.