Don't open Arthur's thread, go here instead

Don’t open Arthur’s thread about trying to get the number of views to equal the number of replies. That will only allow you to increase the number of posts and views by one each. Instead follow this link to post there:
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/newreply.php?action=newreply&threadid=60777

This will allow you to post to the thread without adding any views. At least until a moderator decides this is all a waste of bandwidth. But before then, I think it would be kinda cool to get the post:view ratio to increase towards 1:1.

Oh, and I think I’ll award myself five points for the rhyming thread title.

If you don’t click the Stop button in your browser after you hit submit, it will still add to the view count, won’t it?

Uh, maybe. I always hit back before then. Doesn’t eveyone do this? Well, you should in this case.

I get the willies whenever someone tries to circumvent the inner workings of the boards.

C’mon. You screw one little thing up, the boards go down for hours, the admins gotta put down their beers, the mods ban you, irate posters show up on your doorstep with torches and pitchforks, cats live with dogs an you are forever lumped together with loverock and heatherlee.

Don’t play with fire.

you’ve got a hell of a long way to go.

like another 120 posts with NO views.

well, i can only wish you luck. :slight_smile: