Doper meeting in ATL, deja vu?

Steeeee- Rike Threeeeeeeeeee!

Sorry, folks, I’ll be umpiring at a National Fast Pitch Tournament at Lost Mt. Park (Marietta, GA).

Okay, let’s try the 19th. Any suggestions for a place?

Wait a minute, what happened to the 12th? I can’t make it on the 19th!

I do not have any conflicts that I am aware of on either the 12th or the 19th. Not sure about the status of Kimberly then so I am therefore not sure about the status of my wife coming, but I will do my best to attend.

There are some parks in the Ashford-Dunwoody area (that is very close to where I work) that we might could do a cook-out. Sounds like fun.

So, tentatively count me in.

Jeffery

Okay, let’s try for the 5th? Compromise people, we need to compromise.

And, to be on the safe side, you should probably move me from the probable side to the possible side. With the new house, potentially a new dog, and family commitments I may not be able to make the time to get to the party. I will try, but I don’t want to give a false impression of attendance.

There’s a buncha other ATL dopers who aren’t chiming in here. Where are they hiding?

DoctorJackson?
MissDavis102?
StrTrkr777?
TubaDiva?
Strainger?
spoke?

Just when I thought I was going to get to meet the man with over 1700 posts…

Sorry Jeffery,

I overlooked your post before I posted mine.

mouthbreather -
Count me as definately interested, but needing more information before I can chime in officially.

Any Saturday in August is good for me. Any ol’ park would probably do, too.

Here’s the updated list:

Probables(depending on date)
ChrisP One Kenobe
xenophon41 (+ son, + GF)
mouthbreather (+ GF)
Five
StrTrkr777
Doctor Jackson

Possibles
Mullinator
Mjollnir
DMarie (if not the 12th)(?)

No Answer Yet, but We’re Hopeful
MissDavis102
TubaDiva
Strainger
spoke

Mouthbreather and xenophon, thanks for asking about me, but I only get to Atlanta once or twice a year to visit my family. I live in Arizona, which is kind of a long commute from there. Count me in if you want to get together between Christmas and New Years though!

Strainger, if that is not the most pitiful excuse for not coming to a get together. “Arizona is such a long commute to GA.” Dangit man, it is only a week’s drive (couple of days if you do not sleep). It is only like 1,800 miles (depending on where you live).

Well if you are going to be a wuss and not come to the summer time meeting, then you must come to the year end bash between Christmas and New Years (yeah we will plan it around your schedule).

Let’s light this rocket, or something like that.

Jeffery

Okay, I’m bringing this back because we are getting close. Let’s get a head count if we could do it on the 5th, and on the 12th or the 19th. PLease list if you could make it on which date, or all of them if possible.

I appear to be free for all of the proposed dates.

I have not checked with Mrs. Trkr though.

Though after just having my wisdom teeth out, I cannot yet eat any food like chicken or steak, so later in the month might be better for me from a food perspective.

Jeffery

Okay, that’s a start. I’m making a list.

Put me down for:

August 5th: Possible but unlikely.

August 12th: Possible, depending on time of gathering.

August 19th: Impossible. Commitments all day. Although, I urge you all to attend my next Fox Theatre tour, which is on the 19th at 10 a.m. on the 19th.

August 5[sup]th[/sup]: Not possible (GF will be recovering from surgery)

August 12[sup]th[/sup]: Definitely Free

August 19[sup]th[/sup]: Definitely Free
Thanks for bumping the thread back up, CPOK!

Upon consultation with Mrs. Trkr, I appear to be unavailable on the 12th and partially unavailable on the 19th (probably from 1 - 4) so likely after 4 pm, I would be available.

So, to recap.

5th - Available

12th - Unavailable

19th - Available after 4pm

Jeffery

So, ChrisP, what the hell happened? This thread fell through the five-day net. Was there a gathering on the 5th? Will there be one later this month?

Everyone was talking about a get-together and you were compiling data, then suddenly…nothing. What gives?