Doper motorcyclists - best insurance??

I’ve been insured by a number of companies over the years and up until you have an accident, theft or other loss, they’re pretty much all the same as far as I can tell.

My current insurance company (Allstate) carries my house, car and motorcycle. However, while they may be good at understanding the needs of a homeowner or automobile driver, they sort of suck when it comes to understanding motorcycles. I had my first major crash last spring and while the collision and comprehensive repairs were paid well and quickly, their performance on the medical side of things was, frankly, atrocious. Thank goodness I have decent medical insurance through work.

So, for those of you who ride, what’s been your experience with motorcycle insurance and who do you think is the best out there from the standpoints of claims service, price and overall understanding of our somewhat unique lifestyle? I’ve heard the Progressive is pretty fair.

Thanks

I don’t ride currently, but I had a motorcycle for a few years recently. I used Progressive since they charged less than $300 a year. I use Allstate for my other insurance, but they wanted $1100 IIRC!

I never had a claim with Progressive, so I can’t speak to how well they handle that.

I have GuideOne, and the cost for my 1994 Magna is about $150 a year for everything. Never had a claim, though, so I don’t know how good they are in handling them.

Progessive is my choice (but i’ve never had a claim) but Dairyland is popular with the folks that I ride with (vintage british bikes mostly in Houston, Texas).

unclviny