Doper Movie Party Nite

Do you like to watch movies with others, but want to do so Covid-safe online, instead of IRL? There are free browser extensions that allow you to do that. Scener looks best to me: “Scener is a free service that enables you to watch shows and movies socially from any major streaming platform in perfect sync.” To participate, you need to have the same streaming service (s) that the movie host is using (e.g. Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Prime Video, YouTube, etc.).

I no longer have friends, and my kids don’t like the same movies I do (dad-burned Gen Z’ers!). I reckon there must be Dopers who’d like to watch movies (and TV shows) together. Here’s how to host a party:
• Install the scener extension on your browser (Chrome works best).
• Choose a movie you want to host on a service you belong to.
• Choose a date and time you want to host the party.
• Post the link in this thread.

To participate (watch and chat) in a party that someone else hosts, click or copy and paste the link into your browser before the start of the show. Make sure you belong to the streaming service the host is using.

I’ll host the first party:
Show: Fabulous Fungi (Fantastic Fungi is a descriptive time-lapse journey about the magical, mysterious and medicinal world of fungi and their power to heal, sustain and contribute to the regeneration of life on Earth that began 3.5 billion years ago).
Streaming Service: Netflix
When: Saturday, September 11th) @ 8:00pm est.
Link: Scener – Watch Netflix and more with friends

Feel free to host your own Scener show and post the details and link here.

Tip: if you want to watch the show on your TV, you can cast from your browser, while you chat on your phone or laptop.