Doper sweet spot

I’m flipping through the channel listings and what do I happen to see? Nothing other than the classic movie, oft quoted here on the SDMB, Aliens.
No more than thirty seconds pass from when I change the channel until Ripley suggests what, where and why they should take a particular action. A small smile crosses my face…Doper nirvana.

Hey, we just watched that movie recently, too - when that line came up, it really was Doper nirvana. Such a perfect line, at such a perfect moment.

It’s the only way to be sure you’re really a Doper.

Can somepony explain that one to me? I don’t have the benefit of having joined around the turn of the millenium.

The movies: Aliens

The quote (variations of which can be applied to almost any situation), from Ripley: “I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.”

We all have our sweet spots, I suppose. I was channel surfing earlier today and got to Gilda about thirty seconds before the hair flip.

I happened upon Deliverance this weekend right as Beatty is squealling. The only thing more perfect would have been at the start of the Banjo duel.

Junkie checking in.

In addition to the bulk of materials that I work on from development professionals, I get submissions from college professors, field leaders and pioneers, heads of ministries, agencies, departments, and even the occasional Nobel Laureate.

Rarely does something of substance come through me that doesn’t get returned with “cite?” or highlighted statements that need substantiation or further clarification.

That’s some high quality nirvana mainlined right into my arm.
:cool:

First in line for the pizza buffet on RenFaire Night at a Mensa convention?

Sure.