Doperéal 3D (Montreal) - See it, and STILL you won't believe it!

Since some of the Montréalanoj were so kind as to come to our recent TronnaDope, I think it only fair to return the favour. (Lock up your computers! Hide the daughters! [sub]Wait. I think I got that backwards.[/sub] )

However… the weekends of the 6-8 and the 13-15 of August absolutely don’t work for me either. I’ll be on retreat and out of town during the week between them.

The 20-22 work best for me as well. I’ll see about taking a couple of edge holidays to lengthen the weekend.

After matt_mcl and I went on a bit of a Subway Saunter last weekend during the TronnaDope, I’ve reacquainted myself with his public transport website website and am now suffering a severe case of Metro Envy.

So I’d very much like to visit Montréal. Unless I pay for a YHA bed or wheedle a bed through Pasporta Servo (a hospitality exchange I belong to), I will need a place to sleep though…

Later in the month is better for us. We’ll need some time to recover from the Great Madonna Concert.

Much love,

kfl and Upside Down Amber xoxox

Right on - the weekend of August 20 - 22 works for everybody, it seems.

(Although I don’t know when the Madonna concert is, **kfl ** and UDA, but IIRC isn’t it around the middle of the month?)

So I think it’s safe to settle on that weekend for Doperéal 3D: Now With More Stuff Sticking Out of the Screen At You.

But I still think more out-of-towners should come up! :slight_smile:

You’re going to NYC this weekend, so why don’t you do some in person lobbying ? :wink:

And speaking of NYC, aparently the NYCMegafest is in October this year, so for folks like me who can’t do October, this could be my last Dopefest fix until the spring. So, let’s make it bigger… better… stronger… the KING… OF… SPAIN!!!

Of course. I’ll use my usual charm to encourage people to come up. It’s too bad that some of the New Yorkers I wanted to see don’t want to get together, but whatever, I guess it’s the attitude. :rolleyes: I call them as I see them.

Oh, it will be. It really will. And Eonwe, we’ll even let you sit in the Grand Marshall of Doperéal’s lap! :smiley:

Er… thanks, I guess. Really though, we ought to have a Grand Marshallette whose lap I could sit in. That might be better incentive (no offense, detop)!

That would probably be matt_mcl.

None taken, my friend :). I will see what I can do to find you a grand marshalette for Dopereal.

Sunspace: not a problem. Mia domo estas via.

Merci beaucoup! Multajn dankojn! Thank you, matt_mcl!

Any chance of a Metro Meandering? :slight_smile:

The Madonna concert is July 18, but I meant [sub]financially[/sub]. I’m missing 3 shifts at work and blowing a whole lotta dough in Terrana.

Well, kfl and UDA, I hope you can come to some of the events…

I just realized we’re a month and change away from this thing. Have we decided on a Saturday afternoon activity? It seems we have all of the restos figured out; I’ll let detop take care of calling and asking if they’re willing to take a group, though I’m not sure how many we’ll be this year.

I’m still waiting for more Toronto people to chime in…

Long time lurker here, I just moved to Montreal in march. Was wondering if you all wouldnt mind me tagging along? I’m fairly innoffensive. I smell nice too!

It’s good to be fragrant. :slight_smile:

I think I speak for all of us when I say that we’d love to meet you, and add you to the list of Doperéalers. If you’re at all nervous, check earlier on in the thread. Five minutes into the first activity or dinner or whatever, and you’ll be totally comfortable, we guarantee it.

[hijack]
FWIW, my company is shipping me up to Montréal sometime in the next three weeks or so. It almost certainly won’t be on a weekend, so the Fest itself is out for me. I have no clue yet when it will be, or if I’ll even have a moment of free time, but if it works out and some locals want to have a mini-get-together, I’d certainly love to meet some of the northern neighbor dopers.
[/hijack]

I am always looking forward to meet fellow Dopers. Just keep us posted to when you will be up here and I am sure we can arrange something.

This thread needed bumping.

So here’s a list those who are either attending, tentatively attending, or have expressed some interest in attending:

detop (Grand Marshall of Doperéal 3D)
**scott evil ** (Fashion, Style, and Cultural Consultant)
LaurAnge
Daerlyn
Mnementh
matt_mcl
Curious Canuck
clayton_e

kung fu lola & Upside Down Amber (pending Madonna’s permission)
JeffB
Antigen
Sunspace
Warrior Slashclaw

…and maybe, just maybe, Eonwe

We need more people from Toronto. I never thought I’d live to write that. And from elsewhere. There’s still time! If more people come, I promise not to drag you to bad karaoke at Club Date.

Hey, I’m no maybe! Don’t jinx it like that!

And you know, while we’re at it, it’d be great to see some more folks from Vermont too! Montreal’s not too far, and I know there are some of you out there!

You should at least stay in town this time, instead of breezing in and out. :wink:

Yeah, what about bouv?