Dopers of Sport

Ultimate frisbee. Since “Frisbee” is still a protected trademark, “ultimate” has become the generic term for the sport.

I voted too soon - I didn’t wait for the basketball option and forgot I played football in elementary school.

Yeah, I forgot that I played basketball for 2 seasons in elementary school (was terrible) and soccer as a kid (not quite as terrible). But I remembered to list baseball, flag football, bowling, roller hockey (which I put under roller sports rather than ice hockey- probably a mistake), and broomball.

I voted for Baseball/Softball, Track (actually shot put/discus),Football, Soccer, Tennis, Golf, Basketball, Volleyball, and Other. The other being paintball.

Softball until high school. Cricket until 16 and rugby until 25 for me. Now its casual golf for me.

At primary school, principally soccer and cricket.

At high school, rugby, rowing, swimming and athletics.

Following high school, rugby and cricket.

Baseball, in 3rd grade. I sucked at it.

I did much better when I grew up, joined the SCA, and they let me hit people with the stick.

Volleyball and softball in middle school (grades 7-9).

Softball on a couple of corporate teams.

I dithered over golf–I play regularly in season, but it’s casual, with friends. Never competed. In the end, I did not choose it.

I’m placing Ultimate Frisbee in the “Weird College Intramural” category, even though it wasn’t a college team.

Actually quite surprising the number of things I had to stop and say “Well, yeah, we had a team and competed, so I suppose I have to count. . .”

Soccer/Football and Rugby.

In my mid-to-late-teens I played Rugby for the District of Rugby Schools (which didn’t actually include the Rugby School that invented the sport, but is kind of like “playing rugby for Rugby”).

Shit, I forgot to add cricket. I was on the school team and also played for my town and U18 (or something) level.

I’m an American, and I curl. I’ve been sucking at it this season, but I do play.

All the sports that a nice middle-class, privately schooled british girl should participate in: hockey (field), tennis and swimming (and rounders, which I lumped under softball/baseball).

I also did cyclo-cross, hardest bloomin sport I have EVER done.