Double check the email recipient!

A few years ago, I received an email from my boss. I was trying to figure out what it had to do with me with no luck. Then I noticed the attachment, which had the list of those being downsized that day. (I wasn’t on it.)

My boss came running over and saw that I had the attachment open. He said, “Oh, too late. Well, keep your mouth shut for a couple of hours.”

Received this yesterday, as did about 55,000 of my colleages:

Cxxxxx-

Heard you were looking for me. I was at a doctor’s appointment. On the other line at the moment but will call you.

Thanks-

Gxxxxx

I would very much like to know what it cost the company for each of 55,000 people to spend three minutes dealing with that e-mail.

I once sent a very dirty, explicit message to my husband - oh, wait, it was actually to my boss, who has the same first name as my husband. Luckily, my boss was a total pervert and he thought it was hilarious.

Now I make sure that I keep the “To:” box empty until I’ve finished writing an email. That way, I have to go back at the end of my email and put the name in - it makes me pay a little more attention.

Three minutes? I’d be more worried about the economic impact of having that many employees with an IQ of 70 using 2400 baud modems for their email connection.

:smiley: My thoughts, too. But maybe they all went to their favorite messageboard to complain about it afterwards, which could easily push it up to 3 minutes each.

LOL! We discussed it in the kitchen as well. . . and I overheard the topic in the Ladies room at least twice. Not sure whether we lingered over the discussion though, it may have qualified as parallel processing. . .