Doubts were raised on Blair's Iraq WMD claims as well

Ha! I’ll have you guys know that we’re finally getting some reliable information on those WMD.

And to think that evidence was there in the ground all along!!

I hear Lyme Regis (someone needs to tell me how to do hyperlinks on this board) is next in line for Bush’s wrath!

The Sun vs. Bllowberg, hmmm who to go with. . . .

Unless you’re looking for T&A, I suggest Bloomberg. What where you looking for?

:wink:

:confused:

What the hell are my fingers doing?

Here are some more links for you december. Sorry, no T&A.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/World/ap20030812_712.html

and

Yep, december things are going real well.

Real smooth, indeed.

:dubious:

I’d like the full text of the e-mail sent to Gilligan by his boss on the Today progamme after the broadcast on 29 May, if anyone comes across it ?

Some of it is here

I thang yew, Yojimbo.

Hmmm, two e-mails from Gilligan’s boss (Marsh) to Gilligan: One soon after the 29th May broadcast (“Great work, great stories, well handled and well told” – but full context unknown) and the one on 27th June in which - imho – Marsh covers his own arse.
Btw, Gilligan reported more than once on Today on 29th May, and what he said varied a little on each occasion. The most troublesome broadcast was, I believe, the first (6.07am), after which, he seems to have toned/calmed down a little. If he needed to, that is.

What if George Tenet takes responsibility?

This is getting to be fun and exciting.

So, this BBC reporter says Gilligan’s allegations were inaccurate but the BBC pressured her to support them.

The plot thickens…

cite was the Guardian http://media.guardian.co.uk/broadcast/story/0,7493,1017869,00.html

Quoting the Sun!!! Now there’s a true sign of desperation, it will be the National Enquirer next.

December, you are bending the article you cited to suit your argument. Nowhere does the article say that Gilligan’s report was inaccurate. What it is saying is that Susan Watts, who still had Kelly as her source, which is the reason for the whole article, felt that her story was ‘moulded’ so as to corroborate Gilligans. Neither was inaccurate. Susan is making it clear that despite Kelly’s claim that he was not her source, he was. She is also concerned that her revealing him as a source is not taken out of context.

What this shows is the BBC covering their backs after Govt intervention. They were clearly concerned that Gilligan had overstepped the mark and needed to provide background evidence.

None of this comes close to saying that Gilligan’s report was inaccurate. Maybe judgemental - but not inaccurate!

And of course, when mocking the reference to The Sun yesterday, we shouldn’t forget that a certain billionaire businessman would absolutely love to see the BBC get a good kicking. I expect Sky News et al to follow shortly…

Erm, actually I have to side with December here (ow,that hurt)

Have a look at http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3147979.stm

How else can that be interpreted as anything but contradicting Gilligans claims?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/politics/3147309.stm

So while Kelly didn’t name Campbell he did say that No. 10 press office was involved in the 45min issue.

She never said the BBC tried to change any story just align hers with Gilligans to cover the BBC’s arse. She was unhappy with this approach.

All this BS and the main point remains. Seriously high up experts in the field were unhappy about how the Gov. used intel. reports to convince the parliament to go to war.

Thanks yojimbo - you got to that one before me this morning.

As has been said before, no one comes out smelling of roses but I can’t believe anyone has any doubt that Campbell was involved. He’s obviously astute enough not to make the phone calls himself but I heard on Radio 5 last night that the BBC was inundated with calls from the Downing St Press Office on the morning of Gilligan’s report. I don’t think you need an expert to either a) predict that and b) think that the unelected spokesman for spin wasn’t behind it.

My guess is that Kelly in a unguarded moment said Campbell’s name to Gilligan. If you read the transcript in the link above he does seem very careful about how he puts things. He may also have had a better with Gilligan.

Either that or Gilligan was lying (I don’t think so)

“He may also have had a better ? with Gilligan” (discussion? relationship?)

But yes, I think you’re spot on. Given that the transcript makes it abundantly clear that he had lied to the Parliamentary Committee what followeed begins to make a lot more sense.

Today is an HMG day. Two from the MOD and one from the Foreign Office.

Apparently it’s not that difficult to get into the Inquiry as a member of the public. Only 40 or so a day but if you get there for 8.00am you should be fine. Love to see Campbell or Blair himself . . . tempted to pop up there . . . .
Next weeks witnesses not yet listed on the Official site. Oh, and just noticed the Inquiry site Mon-Thurs, not on Fridays.

relationship was the missing word.