Downtown DC Dopers - you GOTTA try this place!

I speak of a sandwich shop called “The Bread Line”. I have been there twice, and the sandwiches there are probably the closest thing to the Platonic ideal of a sandwich, possibly on this entire continent.

Their menu changes daily, so they always have a variety of interesting foods available, and the grilled piadine are absolutely amazing. It’s at 18th and Pennsylvania NW - I’d almost recommend it as the new site for the DC Lunch Bunch if it weren’t so far away from most of us and it weren’t so damn crowded at noon.

So go - try it - and come back here to tell the rest of the world what you think.

I’m going to be in the area tomorrow–gotta catch the Medici exhibit before it closes–so I’ll check it out.

So where is it more or less?

nice, always looking for new places to eat

18 & Penn is:

• Two blocks west of Dubya.
• About two blocks east of GWU and Tower Records.
• About 6 blocks south of DuPont Circle.
• About 4 blocks north of The Corcoran Gallery of Art.

Sorry I can’t be more specific. :wink:

brujo, if you get out at the Farragut West metro station you’re about as close as you’re going to get. Head south on 18th Street (towards the Mall) until you get to the World Bank InfoShop and then turn left before crossing Pennsylvania. You can’t miss it.

Hey!! I live in Northern Virginia and I read in the Washingtonian magazine that The Bread Line had excellent french fries as well. I’m gonna have to check this place out!

I can impress the people at college next year when, after my fellow freshmen ask what a good place to eat downtown is, I can say, “The Bread Line, of course.” Thanks Olentzero.

Thanks
I’m kind of embarrassed, I worked a summer job at the World Bank a few years ago. I must of had a total brain freeze.

Yes, the best french fries in the city.