DrDeth's suspension

The problem with this so called “pattern of disruptive behavior” is that it is non existant. There is no such pattern.

What_Exit is basing this pattern on two threads- the first is a mild gun control debate where Czarcasm was the OP. I used the 'compare and contrast" method of debate, which What_Exit called “being off topic”. However, there is another thread in ATMB where a dozen or so well known Posters all disagreed with that idea, all saying that the “compare and contrast” method of debate is totally legit and has a long history of being used here in the SDMB and GD. In fact one of our more experienced moderators used that exact style of debate in that exact same thread- but oddly - he isnt being called 'disruptive" nor was he called out for it. Still, I and I alone was banned for that thread for being “off topic” even tho that style was used by a moderator, was used many times after I left that thread (without being moderated) and that a dozen or so well know regular posters here started a thread here in ATMB calling out What_Exit on his moderation. So example one of me being 'disruptive" is false.

Now then there is the aliens debate. I have to admit i was a little disruptive there. I came in trying to get the thread back on track to the Op but was attacked by two posters. Now, yes, I argued with them- too much I agree. mea culpa, I was wrong there, I got carried away. BUT, and this is critical- I wasnt arguing with myself. If I was being disruptive, so were they.

So the so-called “pattern” that What_Exit is so proud of telling everyone about consists of a single thread. I am not proud of my arguments there. But- one thread is not a 'pattern" hell- two threads isnt a “pattern” either.

Since we started this new system, I think I have had one warning? Could be two i guess.

I asked What_Exit to tell me what rules I violated and he had to fall back on “being a jerk”.

So this could happen to any of you regular posters here. Somehow, without even a warning, you are suspended for having a imaginary “pattern” of being disruptive, being singled out from a thread where the arguments got out of hand. Is that how we want to run this board?

Yeah, you may not like me, you may not agree with me on many issues, but you could be next.