dream on (song)

Does anyone other than Areosmith sing the song " Dream On"??? cuz i know areosmith sings it but most of the time when i hear it on lazer it does NOT sound like Steven Tyler singning at all, and no one i ask knows if anyone else sings it…so if anyone does, plllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaseeeeeeee help me, this is pissin me off really bad !!!

Yeah, I knkow what you mean. The only thing I can think of is that he sang that song before the drugs messed his voice up. shrugs

First off, shedevil, welcome to SDMB!!! :smiley:

Now, as for Tyler, he’s just got two voices. Although he did do alot of drugs, he can still whip out that clearer voice that you hear on “Dream On” when needed. I saw them about two years ago, and he was still using it, mostly for their older tunes (i.e. “Walkin’ the Dog”, “Movin’”). I think he’s just got a couple different styles, and mainly goes for his raspier voice now, with the type of music he sings.

Either way, he kicks ass, as does Aerosmith in general. Give some of the other old stuff a listen, if you haven’t already, and you’ll hear what I’m talking about.

I’m pretty sure it’s Aerosmith you’re hearing. I checked “Dream On” at CDnow, but couldn’t find anything that fit. Found a couple country covers, but that’s it. All the other "Dream On"s listed are different tunes.

If you’re still not satisfied, call up Lazer. Only they know for certain.

Yeah I remember being surprised that it was Steven singing it, but after hearing so many times, I think it is him.

It’s definitely Steven Tyler singing. I’ve seen him perform the song live :slight_smile: (Aerosmith is REALLY good live)

Tyler in concert totally rocks. And sounds just as good, if not better than the original version. I have seen him 3 times and he is so good in concert it makes you wish you’d never even heard the recorded version first.

“Dream On” is awesome in concert. No question it is he. But of course, hearing “Walk This Way” is worth the whole ticket price. No contest.

What is ‘Lazer’?

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! aaa im so happy now i know …it makes so much sense now! hehehe really thanks a lot :slight_smile:
- lazer is a radio station…i didnt mean to put that i meant to say radio ( what a dumbass! )