Drip Coffee

I use an electric perk. It dates back to, lemme see…the dawn of electricity, I think. It’s an ancient Corningware, with the classic blue cornflower pattern.

In the last five years, we’ve had two automatic drip coffeemakers. They’ve both died. I’m not sure why. But who cares? I like the electric perk better. I like the coffeemaker better. How can I not resepct a coffeemaker that not only gives me good, strong coffee, but just refuses to die? I know, it’s not regular perk (now THAT’S some effin’ coffee!), but this coffeemaker just makes me happy.

So you just rock on with your regular-perkin’, eggshell-drinkin’ bad self, Scylla!

And I hope all of you coffee-lovers are drinking fair trade coffee…

Any good Boy Scout will tell you that you add egg shells to campfire coffee to settle the grounds. Another trick is to put a stick across the top of the pot to keep the coffee from boiling over. (breaks the surface tension)

Living in a country where anything other than instant is a foreign commodity, I have no sympathy whatsoever for you, Scylla :slight_smile: I would kill for some drip coffee right now.