Droid Vs Eris

I handled both at the verizon store a few weeks ago. I thought the Eris was pretty spiffy. Light and simple. The droid seemed clunky by comparison.

Just a heads-up, but rumor has it that Google is releasing their own phone early next month. They’ve already handed out models to employees, and it’s apparently even faster/better than the Droid.

Will it run on Verizon or are they offering cell service now?

I don’t think it’s been revealed which network it’ll run on quite yet, unfortunately…

That’s alright. Like I said before, there will ALWAYS be something newer and better just around the corner.

I’ve had it for 24 hours and my number one complaint is that learning to use it is not very intuitive. I’m still pretty clueless.

Another annoying thing re: the windsheild mount for the GPS is that I have to remove the cell phone case in order for the phone to fit the mount. Lame!

Well, I just got it (and opted for the gel case). The only thing I’ve noticed, having played with it for about 20 minutes, is that it’s really heavy.

There’s a gel case? I wonder if that would solve my problem.

I doubt it, I don’t think it’s much less bulky then the hard case.

I guess I’ll have to get a pouch to keep it in then. Having to remove the case every time I jump in the car is a PITA.

Oooh, I’m liking the podcasts…now can someone tell me how to stop a podcast from playing? Of course, I did just find out that Little Up Arrow+Alt+Del will reset the phone.

Another question…where are my contacts? I know they were imported from my old phone. When I dial a number it comes up with the name I programmed for that number, but I can’t seem to find the list.