Drunk Posters

Schultz.

I once sent an email to a doper when I was pretty schnockered. She sent me a copy and I couldn’t understand what was written, though I think I know where it was going

I don’t know if I want to know. What if you’re right? For once in my life I’m not alone in the world, what if I loose that? Where will it leave me? Well, at least I bought hot dogs yesterday at the grocery store. I can’t wait to go home and eat some hot dogs!

Oops… wrong “monkey butlers” post. :o

That should teach me to go around saying that I get an inside joke…

slinks away shamefacedly

Damn, what ever happend to Homer, anyway? Wherever he is, I hope his shrooms are keeping him in good company.

I’ve got that book and that is one of P. J. O’ Rourke’s funniest essays, right up there with “A Ramble Through Lebanon” from Holidays In Hell

I’m going to have to try this sometime. I’ve made notes from an Adirondack on my back porch with a glass of Cab in hand that were positively theologic in stature, only to look at them the next day and exclaim “What the hell?”

Get ready… you’re all going to feel effing brilliant.

Definitely Farty Towels.

I am from Barrrrrrceloooona!

I wasn’t exactly drunk (when I’m that bad, I send drunken emails), but about a month ago I posted a nice rambling thread in MPSIMS. I did that for the same reason I send drunken emails–when I first get home, I don’t want to go to bed right away.

I was drunk Sunday night and manage to post what I guess would be horrible replys. I don’t have the nerve to go back and look.

Is this sort of like the 'Drink ‘n Dial’ phenonemon?
PISSED AND POST could be the post-modern variety.

Oh, have I done it?

Yep. :smiley:

i post so rarely that i always bookmark any threads i post in so i can follow the discussion. one morning after a haaaaaaaaard night of drinking i saw about half a dozen threads bookmarked that i had no memory reading or posting in. i thought i’d passed out on the couch after my friends left, but apparently i went on a posting spree at 4 am.
i read through em once that morning while hungover, embarased as hell, but i too am too chicken to read em again with a clear head.

**even better, i woke up that morning with my room mate standing over me pissed off because i’d ended up passing out on my living room floor with the front door unlocked and wide open. good times!

Heh. Ramble Through Lebanon. That’s quite possibly the funniest piece of travel literature I’ve ever read. I think that’s the one, the people who commissioned it, Vanity Fair, refused to print. Am I right about that?

In a few hours time, a bunch of Australian dopers are going to fire up the BBQ. 'nuff said. :smiley:

I rarely post while drunk but I have made numerous posts while under the influence of cannabis.

I just find it amazing to think someone has posted to thic board while intoxicated.

I have giggled all the way through this post. It seems I only have the guts to post when intoxicated. When sober, I feel like if I post what I think, people might get mad or flame me if I say something stupid…but the worst part is, I only get the nerve to post when drunk, therefore, I ALWAYS say something stupid!! Then I go back and look at what I wrote and I am like, D***, that doesnt make any sense at all!! Oh well, here is sober post #1

Though usually the very model of a sober and ascetic individual, I confess that my posts have, upon occasion, been influenced by liquids of a fermented nature. That I’ve not yet crossed the line into the realm of posting while informed by distilled spirits of a more severe stripe can only be considered a boon to all who stumble across me waxing moronically.

Um, I mean yes. Yes I have.